DSI Rev2 CV

DSI Rev2 CV
« on: November 26, 2018, 04:11:27 AM »
Anybody knows if the REV2 can be heard in profesionnal productions, cinema, records, others?
Or is it used live during shows?
I’m keen to see how popular and for what usage this machine is adopted.

Re: DSI Rev2 CV
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:20:01 AM »
I think that would depend a lot on the sponsoring done by DSI/Sequential, if any.

I've seen a band live (can't remember their name right now) that used a REV2 but had to tape up the Prophet REV2 and Dave Smith Instruments labels on the back of it for marketing reasons.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »
It’s relatively new so there might not be as many spottings as with the P08 (Radiohead, James Blake, et al) yet. Sequential posts pics of bands and musicians on their FB regularly. Might spot some users there.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:13:27 PM »
We don't place any restrictions on the use of our instruments in terms of how they appear in public or in photos, so if a band tapes over the logo, that's their prerogative and has nothing to do with us.
SEQUENTIAL

jok3r

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 01:43:31 PM »
I've seen a band live (can't remember their name right now) that used a REV2 but had to tape up the Prophet REV2 and Dave Smith Instruments labels on the back of it for marketing reasons.
I could not even think of a reason why any manufactorer would forbid to use his instruments on stage with his logo shown... that would just be dumb, because other musicians will see it and will get interested, too...

We don't place any restrictions on the use of our instruments in terms of how they appear in public or in photos, so if a band tapes over the logo, that's their prerogative and has nothing to do with us.
... but thanks for clearing that immediately, because today you never really know what is going on in peoples heads when it comes to trademarks and patents... ;-)
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »
I don’t know why that band taped the back of their rev2. Especially when we now know that Sequential doesn’t impose any restrictions or commercial fees to use their products in public. Not all companies are this open though.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 09:04:33 PM »
Some bands just view showing logos as advertising and cover them up. Some sponsors might have requirements about logos too.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 11:48:44 PM »
Pretty sure there was a Rev 2 in a Cory Henry and the Funk Apostles gig I watched.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 09:58:56 AM »
Pretty sure there was a Rev 2 in a Cory Henry and the Funk Apostles gig I watched.

Yes Nick Semrad plays a Rev2 in Funk Apostles. He's an amazing player and a great guy. He just picked up a Prophet X, too.
SEQUENTIAL

maxter

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:18:48 AM »
They were endorsed by [insert synth brand here], who couldn't supply them with something quite like the Rev2, and the band needed those sounds badly, so they had to tape the Rev2...
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 10:43:23 AM »
Logical.

Kja

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 10:44:12 AM »
Or maybe to keep the audio lines from coming out if someone steps on the cords?