Other synths through the Pro 2 filters

Other synths through the Pro 2 filters
« on: November 24, 2018, 02:37:46 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has used the Pro 2 to process other synths via the external input. I’m particularly curious if anyone has tried hooking up something like the Sub37, just running its raw oscillators into the Pro 2 (turning off the latter’s own oscillators), such that one plays on the Pro 2 “as normal” but now has analogue oscillators. @Paul Dither?

Re: Other synths through the Pro 2 filters
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 04:00:01 AM »
I've done that a few times. It's something I don't do very often, though, as I'm happy with the way the internal oscillators sound. Plus: I'm using the Pro 2 just as much as a poly synth as I use it as a mono synth.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 06:31:35 AM »
I've run various synths through the Pro 2 (SEM, Nyborg-12, Moog SP and GM, Eurorack) and gotten great sounds. But the more I learn how to program the Pro 2, the more I appreciate its sound, and the less I find myself trying to patch in other oscillators.
DSI Pro 2 | Yamaha MODX 6 | Volcas: FM2/Kick  | Roland JU-06A | 104HP Eurorack | Arturia Drumbrute Impact | Eventide H9 | EHX Grand Canyon | iPad

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies, gents. I’m still debating whether to get one. I’ve managed to save enough for an 8-voice Moog One but wonder if I’d be better buying a few other synths instead (Pro 2, OB-6, P6).

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:30:51 PM »
I run my 0-coast through it quite often to add a VCO. I also sent a bunch of guitar and vocals through it on my last LP with pretty great results (IMO!) :)
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 12:31:21 AM »
Dude!! The Moog One though!!

(I guess thats easy for me to say since ialready have the pro 2, ob6 and p12, and love them to death. But as we synth people know, we always want more gear, so take my comment with a grain of salt :))

But the moog one though!

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
Dude!! The Moog One though!!

(I guess thats easy for me to say since ialready have the pro 2, ob6 and p12, and love them to death. But as we synth people know, we always want more gear, so take my comment with a grain of salt :))

But the moog one though!

I know. It’s likely the only time I’ll be able to afford this. It's probably a bit overkill for me too but it sounds great and is so well thought-out.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 03:27:58 PM »
I'm a new Pro 2 owner, and part of the selling point was the audio in as I have a P6 desktop that I plan to control with the pro 2, 2 analog osc's with my 4 digital and so far so good! Though it's a shame it's not a stereo input

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 08:24:47 AM »
I'm a new Pro 2 owner, and part of the selling point was the audio in as I have a P6 desktop that I plan to control with the pro 2, 2 analog osc's with my 4 digital and so far so good! Though it's a shame it's not a stereo input
I'm thinking of trying something similar with the unfiltered oscillators from a Toraiz AS-1.  I would try the ones from my Little Phatty but they take so long to warm/tune up that I'll have moved on to something else by then.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 01:47:46 AM »

So if i´m getting this correct, it is possible to set up a prophet6 module and a pro2 in a way, so you can play them simultaneously using the pro2 keyboard? How does this work with note priority and polyphony?
Or do u just put the rare osc of the p6 through the pro2 filters?