The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

iPad editor

maxter

iPad editor
« on: November 23, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »
Alright, here's the iPad editor template for Rev2 that I've made. It requires the app TB Midi Stuff, which is 4-5$ or so on the app store.

Everything except the Global parameters should be working fine, if you come across anything strange please let me know! Some time ago I was working on the Globals, so a few are available in Panel 4(?) I think, I never got too far though, but if anyone is feeling up for it please feel free to...!  :)

Btw, the app developer also made a synth app called iTuttle, which is now free I think. It's actually pretty good, and from what I've heard he was also involved in developing the Model D and Model 15 apps for Moog.

maxter

Re: iPad editor
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »
The TBMS file is a "canvas snapshot", which I find is the best way to save your "patches" on the iPad. To save you press the MAGNIFIER in the top left corner, then press the "i" next to the patch name, name the patch, categorize it, and SAVE. The main difference and advantage of saving as canvas snapshots with it, is that it then remembers all of the set parameter values for each control, which it does not do automatically when just saving as a "page".

And here are the updated screenshots!

maxter

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 02:57:35 AM »
A few notes:

Set the midi in and out for the app or the Rev2 page to whatever interface you’re using. Remember to set the midi channel to the same as the Rev2.

The page selector is to the right of the volume sliders.

Remember to set knob mode and slider mode in TBMS app settings to your liking, there’s horizontal, vertical, absolute and relative modes. Important for an optimal experience with TBMS.

To fine tune a parameter, double-tap it and you will find a jog wheel and increment/decrement 1 and 10 buttons. This is nice, especially for editing sequencers.

At the sequencer page, there is a ”#” box, where you can see the numbers and notes equivalent of the sequencers’ knobs, as a quick reference.

Personally, I mostly use the Mod Matrix page and the Sequencer page in TBMS. The Main page I mostly edit on the Rev2, but it can be good for a quick overview of where the parameters are at, as TBMS records what is edited on the Rev2. I find it convenient to set up modulations for the Matrix in TBMS, and it gives a nice overview of the routings I’ve previously set up.

And again, REMEMBER to tap the magnifyer and save your patches on TBMS as ”canvas snapshots”, NOT as pages, to save all the parameter settings.

Mauro

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 06:40:27 AM »
A few notes:

Set the midi in and out for the app or the Rev2 page to whatever interface you’re using. Remember to set the midi channel to the same as the Rev2.

The page selector is to the right of the volume sliders.

Remember to set knob mode and slider mode in TBMS app settings to your liking, there’s horizontal, vertical, absolute and relative modes. Important for an optimal experience with TBMS.

To fine tune a parameter, double-tap it and you will find a jog wheel and increment/decrement 1 and 10 buttons. This is nice, especially for editing sequencers.

At the sequencer page, there is a ”#” box, where you can see the numbers and notes equivalent of the sequencers’ knobs, as a quick reference.

Personally, I mostly use the Mod Matrix page and the Sequencer page in TBMS. The Main page I mostly edit on the Rev2, but it can be good for a quick overview of where the parameters are at, as TBMS records what is edited on the Rev2. I find it convenient to set up modulations for the Matrix in TBMS, and it gives a nice overview of the routings I’ve previously set up.

And again, REMEMBER to tap the magnifyer and save your patches on TBMS as ”canvas snapshots”, NOT as pages, to save all the parameter settings.

It’s possible to connect the iPad ti the rev2 wireless via computer or do I need a phisical interface?

maxter

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:48 AM »
Possible with rtpMIDI if you use Windows, or if using Mac it's already built-in. It's the "network midi" ports you can find as connections in various apps' settings on your iPad. You still have to connect your PC/Mac to the Rev2 of course.

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

maxter

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 02:22:03 AM »
Here's the latest update to the Rev2 template for TBMS, with a couple of bug fixes.

Please let me know if you find any other bugs or problems!