Master volume increased since firmware update

Master volume increased since firmware update
« on: November 22, 2018, 12:26:16 PM »
Since the latest firmware update (2.0.0.0.1) I've noticed that the output volume has increased significantly. I now have to wind the master volume way back to not far off zero where as before it was normally around midway for an acceptable output level with my mixer input / gain set at unity.

Before I rasie a support request I wondered if anyone here, who has updated to the latest firmware level, experienced any change to their PX output volume.

blewis

Re: Master volume increased since firmware update
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »
In the previous beta to this 2.0.0.0.1, my master volume was hella cranked. It seems to have gone back down to normal with 2.0.0.0.1.

This might suggest some kind of calibration is done during the firmware update and is dependent upon volume knob position?

I also changed the pot Mode in global as jump mode had some master volume issues in previous firmware. But I didn’t get any changes due to pot mode.

Not sure, but you’re not alone hearing something different and not being able to confirm.

blewis

Re: Master volume increased since firmware update
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 04:49:42 AM »
I should note that I noticed this through headphones, so it could be headphone volume vs master volume.