Pro 2 LFO Glitches / Error ?

Pro 2 LFO Glitches / Error ?
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:21:47 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my DSI Pro 2 since quite a while now.

On some of the presets, various parameters tend to jump without reason. On one of the Pad sounds (from the Alain Zayev Soundpack Expansion) the octaves jump when playing the sound and on one of my own presets (edited from a factory preset), a bass sound, the cutoff opens up every 16th note when played in arpeggiator mode and so on...

I definetely checked all the LFO settings on these sounds were switched to off, as well as I switched the AUX Envelopes Destinations to OFF.
I can not find the reason this happens on some presets and think about resetting my Pro now, because this really is an issue especially when you want to record a jam live and the parameters spontaneously jump without any real reason.

Did any of you have this issue or can think of a reason this happens? Hope somebody can help me out with this.

Thanks!

Re: Pro 2 LFO Glitches / Error ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:30:06 AM »
When this happens do you see the screen changing in anyway?

Have you checked every modulation path in mod matrix to see if something may be effecting these params?

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:17:34 AM »
Well, did not check the Modulation matrix in detail so far, no...just made sure the LFOs and AUX ENVs have no destination to send to.
It's also not as if the sound really "glitches", really just like someone messes with the parameters randomely, sometimes octaves of the oscillators or just the filter cutoff etc.
The screen shows nothing special or weird, no.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 11:15:08 AM »
So If the screen is not showing anything it probably means that you don't have an issue with the physical knobs.

The next bet is the mod matrix, after that incoming midi maybe doing something weird.

Worth checking the mod matrix and removing the USB/Midi in to see if that helps.

Pepe

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 02:25:43 PM »
Well, did not check the Modulation matrix in detail so far, no...just made sure the LFOs and AUX ENVs have no destination to send to.
It's also not as if the sound really "glitches", really just like someone messes with the parameters randomely, sometimes octaves of the oscillators or just the filter cutoff etc.
The screen shows nothing special or weird, no.

yep happened to me a few times, the cutoff would change or some other parameter changing the patch on its own..then have to re-load a saved patch to fix.. it happens randomly and while receiving note or clock data..i checked to see if it was some data i recorded and its not that..

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »
I found that if the LFO amount is zero, but LFO frequency is set to non-zero (which should still basically disable the LFO)... then it can cause some strange behavior like this.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »
Hi Guys,

Can you attach the sysex of a patch that shows these problems/

Cheers

Andy