The Myth Buster is here!

Re: The Myth Buster is here!
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »
Thanks Simon :)
The 808 kit has been designed after listening many users (myself included) complaining about using the beat wide or Sounds FX and not been able to control the dynamics making it unusable in a mix or in a live situation (speakers blow up effect!).That's why the mod matrix has been used heavily.
Will defo pick this up when I get back home next week.

I also missed the bass presets, will get that too. That theremin bass is superb!

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2016, 04:00:33 PM »
Yorgos...damn man. Just saw the teaser. Killer...You got me buying patches bro. Thanks for the hard work! Ever think of doing video tutorials on Tempest sound design and workflow?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
Thanks man!
I'm thinking about it after i finish some new songs with my band.Our singer is on a creative flow :P
Yorgos...damn man. Just saw the teaser. Killer...You got me buying patches bro. Thanks for the hard work! Ever think of doing video tutorials on Tempest sound design and workflow?

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2016, 07:20:27 AM »
Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say this pack was HOT?!

DAG YORG!!!! This pack really is the bees knees! Its the cats pants! Really diggin the sounds. This pack made me dust off the tempest and actually energized me to make a track!

Nice work YORG!!

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 08:50:27 AM »
Hahaha :D Ouch it burned!
Thanks man glad you've liked it!Btw my Greek name is Yorgos (George in English). :)
Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say this pack was HOT?!

DAG YORG!!!! This pack really is the bees knees! Its the cats pants! Really diggin the sounds. This pack made me dust off the tempest and actually energized me to make a track!

Nice work YORG!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:02:21 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

sofine

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 03:07:02 PM »
Picked up the 808 kit today, love it. Really nice to jam with. Made a quick 1 bar loop straight away in around 1 minute and then jammed with it through some FX

https://soundcloud.com/sifi/yorgos-808-sifi

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2016, 03:19:12 PM »
Thanks for your demo Simon ;)
Nice stuff!
Picked up the 808 kit today, love it. Really nice to jam with. Made a quick 1 bar loop straight away in around 1 minute and then jammed with it through some FX

https://soundcloud.com/sifi/yorgos-808-sifi

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2016, 11:16:23 AM »
Wicked kit Yorgos, must've taken ages to program  :o

Kind of sounds like a 'processed' tr-808 to my ears, which is no bad thing! Already made some great patterns with it.

My only minor criticism is mayyyybe the cymbal could do with some work..

So.. 606 next?  ;)

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2016, 02:26:34 PM »
Yes indeed it took me some time and mostly the settings in Mod matrix so i can control the dynamics..As for the cymbal you're right i'm not satisfied either and i'm constantly working on it in order to put it on the next patch update.By far the most difficult one to nail..As for the next project the natural order says 909..What do you think?

Kind of sounds like a 'processed' tr-808 to my ears, which is no bad thing! Already made some great patterns with it.

So.. 606 next?  ;)

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 01:52:21 AM »
909 would be TOTALLY amazing.. Getting those hats would be tricky though!

Yes indeed it took me some time and mostly the settings in Mod matrix so i can control the dynamics..As for the cymbal you're right i'm not satisfied either and i'm constantly working on it in order to put it on the next patch update.By far the most difficult one to nail..As for the next project the natural order says 909..What do you think?

So.. 606 next?  ;)

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 03:24:50 AM »
Here's a short vid I did using the 808 kit: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNEb8Xljhgh/

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 05:33:10 AM »
Wow what a groove and a great presentation of the 808 kit!Nice one Luke ;)
As we speak i'm preparing a demo video too...Can i embed your video on my site as a demo of my kit?
Here's a short vid I did using the 808 kit: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNEb8Xljhgh/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:46:35 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »
Yeah please do! :)

Wow what a groove and a great presentation of the 808 kit!Nice one Luke ;)
As we speak i'm preparing a demo video too...Can i embed your video on my site as a demo of my kit?

sofine

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2016, 07:49:31 AM »

Super groove - nice one!

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 10:15:42 AM »
Hey Yorgos! To revisit the idea of a training video... An idea could be based on how you went about to create the 808 Kit. It might be about each sound or various principals and measurements to achieve specific sounds in the kit. You can give the 808 pack out as factored into the cost of the course (Discount for those who already purchased the pack). Although one could technically learn from deconstructing the patches, I think the real meat here is how a person plans out a patch by referencing another sound and actually nailing it versus ...look at my cool accidental patch.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 06:12:06 PM »
Some very nice suggestions there man!I'm thinking about it already ;)
Hey Yorgos! To revisit the idea of a training video... An idea could be based on how you went about to create the 808 Kit. It might be about each sound or various principals and measurements to achieve specific sounds in the kit. You can give the 808 pack out as factored into the cost of the course (Discount for those who already purchased the pack). Although one could technically learn from deconstructing the patches, I think the real meat here is how a person plans out a patch by referencing another sound and actually nailing it versus ...look at my cool accidental patch.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »
I bought it just now. Woot!
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 06:37:55 PM »
Thank you all for your support!Really means a lot!

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2016, 10:07:46 PM »
Alright...this kit is wicked. Hands up totally worth buying!! No BS. I am putting a track together and will post. Yorgos...seriously dude. Great job brother. At first I was like...ok this is good. Then I started fiddling with the patches the RTFX. Brought the beat to life. Lots of control so far and any mods don't drastically kill the beat.

I am not sure how many people bought this beat but it is very inspiring - and I don't buy presets...go figure. I was just messing around for about 1/2 hour laying down patterns and it felt old school super intuitive. I actually figured out a tip which may not be new... while in 16 steps mode lay down a variation to a sound once then revert to pattern of that sound only by pressing SHIFT UNDO SND.

...tomorrow I am breaking out Metaxa in your name. *grin*

Ευχαριστούμε Γιώργος!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:10:46 PM by LucidSFX »
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2016, 05:03:37 AM »
Haha thanks bro :D As i suggested you should try tsipouro!Can make you write great beats :P
Alright...this kit is wicked. Hands up totally worth buying!! No BS. I am putting a track together and will post. Yorgos...seriously dude. Great job brother. At first I was like...ok this is good. Then I started fiddling with the patches the RTFX. Brought the beat to life. Lots of control so far and any mods don't drastically kill the beat.

I am not sure how many people bought this beat but it is very inspiring - and I don't buy presets...go figure. I was just messing around for about 1/2 hour laying down patterns and it felt old school super intuitive. I actually figured out a tip which may not be new... while in 16 steps mode lay down a variation to a sound once then revert to pattern of that sound only by pressing SHIFT UNDO SND.

...tomorrow I am breaking out Metaxa in your name. *grin*

Ευχαριστούμε Γιώργος!