End of the Prophet 12!

Re: End of the Prophet 12!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2018, 03:15:18 AM »
Too late for the keybed  (which I agree isn’t as up to the standard of the synth in general), but it’d be great if they sent it off properly by adding your other two suggestions. 

Considering they’ve added beat sync to their other synths it’d really be a shame to not do this one as a proper send off. The other point you made about oscillator mute, golly I’d never thought about that but now you’ve said it I really wish that was in there too.

But beat sync, damn, I was really hoping they’d find a way to get that in there.  Pretty unlikely now it’s getting discontinued, quite a shame indeed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:17:23 AM by Frocktar »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2018, 03:56:53 AM »
I wonder if the new white P12 version has a TP9S keybed... probably not, but it would be cool if it did.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2018, 05:15:34 AM »
I wonder if the new white P12 version has a TP9S keybed... probably not, but it would be cool if it did.

Not if the other dimensions of the synth remain the same; I remember one of the Sequential crew saying, when someone asked about the possibility of a keybed upgrade, that the Fatar had different dimensions so wouldn’t fit.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2018, 05:28:24 AM »

Not if the other dimensions of the synth remain the same; I remember one of the Sequential crew saying, when someone asked about the possibility of a keybed upgrade, that the Fatar had different dimensions so wouldn’t fit.

Yeah... but hope is hard to kill :D ... besides... the new case is not exactly the same... it has wood not only on the sides, but also the bottom like the P6 and OB6... and those do have the FATAR keybed... so they must have had to do some changes to the casing anyway... maybe if Sequential read this, they could answer this obvious question for us :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2018, 05:51:19 AM »
Besides... I've just seen the price at Thomann... it's quite a bit higher than the price for the standard P12 keys... in fact so much that I'd not want to pay that difference just for a different color, some wood and a "Sequential" platte... if it had a TP9/S... then I'd be game... otherwise not.

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2018, 06:10:41 AM »
The one I got had a couple of defective keys, and the solution was to replace the whole keybed. Even though it's made by the same manufacturer, the PCB color changed and the action is MUCH better. So it may be that later ones using the same keybed may be better because the manufacturer improved their processes/made subtle design changes.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2018, 06:31:03 AM »
the new case is not exactly the same... it has wood not only on the sides, but also the bottom like the P6 and OB6...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2018, 07:47:51 AM »
the new case is not exactly the same... it has wood not only on the sides, but also the bottom like the P6 and OB6...

So two models has been made? ...

LoboLives

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2018, 09:19:13 AM »

So two models has been made? ...

I've always known the P12 to have wood on the bottom and the OB6 to have a black bottom.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
yeah... it seems that I'm the one not remembering quite right... then I assume that the White P12 is nothing but a new paint job and a metal name... sorry, but if that's all there is to it, it's not worth the extra money it cost.

LoboLives

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »
yeah... it seems that I'm the one not remembering quite right... then I assume that the White P12 is nothing but a new paint job and a metal name... sorry, but if that's all there is to it, it's not worth the extra money it cost.

Actually the white P12 was the original design for the P12 I think. I could be wrong but I have a video of someone who toured the Sequential office and showed it months ago and I believe they mentioned this was originally going to have a white or black option or something when it was about to be released but eventually they just went with the black design.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2018, 11:13:03 AM »
There's been mention of an area with all the prototypes on display or something like that. I'm surprised no one here has asked for a video going through all of them... Would be super interesting.