Prophet 12 Global Parameters in SysEx...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Prophet 12 Global Parameters in SysEx...
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »
This is a quick question for DSI:

The 1.3.2b states that a bug was fixed, where not all parameters of a global dump, was sent... I checked with the parameters in the dump, and compared to the parameters actualy adjustable in the Global Menu on the P12 itself, and I can see a few parameters on the device itself, that are not included in a Global Dump.... are these ever going to be included into the SysEx Global Dump?

The parameters in question are:

MIDi Multi Mode
MIDI Program Send
MIDI Arp Notes
Local Control
Alternate Tuning Scale
Screen Saver

The above 6 parameters are not present in a Global Dump as far as I can see.... why?... Did DSI not reserve enough space in the Global Dump, that these parameters could be sent as well?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Prophet 12 Global Parameters in SysEx...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:00:45 PM »
Hi Razmo,

I just tested on a Prophet 12 Module in the office with 1.3.2b loaded, and after requesting the Global Parameter Dump (F0 01 2A 0E F7), the sysex file that's generated includes the parameters you list as missing. How are you evaluating the Global Dump sysex file generated from your synth?
SEQUENTIAL

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »
Well... I have looked at the raw data in my editor, as I change the parameters on the P12 (I am on the module here), and I see nothing change... besides, the size of the Global dump is only 21 bytes long, and as far as I recall, all space has been used up... so unless the length of the Global Dump has been enlarged due to a later change, then I do not know where to find these parameters... unless I'm doing something wrong that is...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »
Just tested... The dump must have been changed in length because now a Global Dump is 26 bytes long... that explains it... My editor obviously just discarded the new additional bytes in the dump, so I got no error messages...

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »
Great, thanks for confirming. Yes, there are 26 bytes pertaining to the global parameters included in the dump. Glad you got it figured out!
SEQUENTIAL