8Dio's The Last Prophet 5 add-on

ddp

8Dio's The Last Prophet 5 add-on
« on: November 10, 2018, 09:16:40 PM »
So now who wants to compare the Prophet 5 bank (411-458) in the Prophet 6 to the 8Dio Prophet 5 samples?  They're easier to find in the Prophet X, that's for sure.  The Prophet X just continues to sound great to me.  I decided not to upgrade to the XL, given the firmware updates.  I have a Kawai MP11SE, so there's no point for me.  Still no ETA on the Moog One.

Kudos to 8Dio for the samples and thanks to Dave and all of Sequential for making this happen!
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

LoboLives

Re: 8Dio's The Last Prophet 5 add-on
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
So now who wants to compare the Prophet 5 bank (411-458) in the Prophet 6 to the 8Dio Prophet 5 samples?  They're easier to find in the Prophet X, that's for sure.  The Prophet X just continues to sound great to me.  I decided not to upgrade to the XL, given the firmware updates.  I have a Kawai MP11SE, so there's no point for me.  Still no ETA on the Moog One.

Kudos to 8Dio for the samples and thanks to Dave and all of Sequential for making this happen!

I moved all the Prophet 5 patches in the P6 to the first patches in my P6. I find I'm using them quite often.

Haven't got the Last Prophet add on yet but from what I've heard it sounds great.

How is the MP11SE? I was looking at the MP7SE myself.

ddp

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »
I love the MP11SE.  I went through a Nord Piano 3 and Stage 3 before I got it.  The default grand is the best piano I've ever played, including in real life, and the pads and strings are very nice, superior to the Nord Piano and Sample library.  It feels and plays like a grand, has a triple sensor keybed and ivory feel keys, and there's 256 voices of polyphony.  I was learning Moonlight Sonata when I upgraded and it was a night and day difference playing it on the MP11SE vs. the Stage 3.  It's not playable on the Prophet X (not enough keys, too much polyphony, and it's all sustain).

It's also a reasonable four zone MIDI controller, which I wasn't expecting, and even has a built-in recorder, a USB thumb drive slot, and a metronome.  You can tweak almost anything about it, including custom curves: http://www.kawai.com.au/pdfs/OwnersManuals/Kawai%20MP11SE%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf

Only downside is weight but mine's in a home studio and never leaving.

I am trying to learn classical piano.  I have the synthesizers for fun.  After the Moog One, the only other gear I want is a quad Buchla 200.  I'm happy with everything in the studio at the moment.  I'd still vaguely like to try a Linnstrument or a Madrona Soundplane, but I have the Push 2, so I'll probably ignore that urge.  :-)

Good suggestion about moving the Prophet 5 patches.  The 8Dio add-on sounds amazing through the stereo filters.  There are bugs still, I can't seem to get it to save the current patch if I'm in the add-on.  They categorized all the Prophet 5 sounds, so you find them through the Sample section.  It's unclear what they're using the programs for, the manual is light.

Prophet 5 manual: http://synthfool.com/docs/SequentialCircuits/Prophet_Series/Sequential%20Circuits%20Prophet%205%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

I noticed after I bought them that there's a 10% discount code in the forum, so don't miss that!
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »
I love the MP11SE.  I went through a Nord Piano 3 and Stage 3 before I got it.  The default grand is the best piano I've ever played, including in real life, and the pads and strings are very nice, superior to the Nord Piano and Sample library.

I've been keeping an eye on options for a secondary residence where I won't have anything like enough space for a decent piano.  I know the MP11SE has sampled versions of the SK-EX and SK-5 as well as the Kawai EX.  Do you know which is used as the default grand you like so much?  Fourteen years later, I still absolutely adore the SK-7 I have at home and would love to see someone produce a decent sample library capturing what is so magical about its tone, but then I'd still need an action to match.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »
Im super impressed by this pack. The raw oscillators samples are more appealing to me too than the original factory ones.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 03:10:25 PM »
this pack adds a lot of great possibilities to an already great instrument! thnks**

ddp

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 04:20:49 PM »
The MP11SE default grand is the SK Concert Grand.  The others are EX Concert Grand, SK-5 Grand.  Pop is Pop Piano, EX Studio Grand, and SK Jazz Grand; Jazz is SK Jazz Grand, Jazz Grand, and Standard Grand (MP8II), Upright is Upright Piano, Mono SK Grand, and Mono EX Grand, according to the manual. 

I like SK-5 Grand for Chopin's Prelude in E-minor, it's a little brighter.

They're in the manual I posted above along with more words about where they came from.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:22:24 PM by ddp »

ddp

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »
Prophet 5 Church Organ, 16 Voice and 32 Voice with sustain, try it, make something up.