Prophet-6 not "printing" midi on Logic Pro X

Prophet-6 not "printing" midi on Logic Pro X
« on: November 10, 2018, 03:51:27 AM »
Hello all, I've got my Prophet-6 hooked up by USB to MacBook Pro running Logic Pro X and audio outputs are hooked up to Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. To record Prophet-6 into Logic Pro X, I've created a "two-track solution" as described here: https://www.musictech.net/2018/02/hardware-synthesisers-logic-pro-x/

The problem is that I cannot get midi "printed"/"written" on the midi track, but I can record and hear the audio outputted by Prophet-6. It's just that I cannot find a way to get midi "printed" as I play the Prophet while recording it - I can however add midi events manually onto the midi track created and Prophet can play it when the track is played back.

I've set the MIDI Sysex on the Prophet's globals as "USB".

Anyone else run into this? Would be grateful to get some insight or an alternate recommendation to get both the midi as played plus the audio output captured.

I also tried connecting Prophet via a MIDI cable and by doing this, it seems that the MIDI events/notes get written as well as audio. Why wouldn't the USB work, any ideas?

Thank you
Pettersson
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:16:24 AM by Pettersson »

Re: Prophet-6 not "printing" midi on Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:38:23 AM »
Make sure to enable the option USB for both MIDI Out and Clock Port in the globals. Setting only MIDI SysEx to USB won't help you much in conjunction with a DAW, as you most likely will only use it for importing or exporting sounds and firmware updates.

Re: Prophet-6 not "printing" midi on Logic Pro X
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:55:10 AM »
Make sure to enable the option USB for both MIDI Out and Clock Port in the globals. Setting only MIDI SysEx to USB won't help you much in conjunction with a DAW, as you most likely will only use it for importing or exporting sounds and firmware updates.

Thank you Paul for your comment. Also got the instruction from Sequential technical support (thanks!) to set the MIDI Out as USB and the Clock Port setting change is of course spot on too.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:05:55 AM by Pettersson »