[SOLVED] MOOG EP3 Expression : help needed please

[SOLVED] MOOG EP3 Expression : help needed please
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:31:59 AM »
Hi all,

I've just got a brand new Moog EP3 after a replacement. First one not doing anything. Same with the new one.

Just to make sure, am i doing it right ?

Plugged into PEDAL/CV. Then into Mod Matrix, i choose Expressn as "source" and destination "cutoff" for instance.

Whatever Amount i choose doesn't change anything. When i use the pedal, nothing happens.

Is there a way to check if the pedal is working correctly ?

Thanks for your help in advance,
James
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:20:51 AM by acidjames »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Hi all,

I've just got a brand new Moog EP3 after a replacement. First one not doing anything. Same with the new one.

Just to make sure, am i doing it right ?

Plugged into PEDAL/CV. Then into Mod Matrix, i choose Expressn as "source" and destination "cutoff" for instance.

Whatever Amount i choose doesn't change anything. When i use the pedal, nothing happens.

Is there a way to check if the pedal is working correctly ?

Thanks for your help in advance,
James

Expression has nothing to do with the foot pedal... in the source you should put "Foot" instead ;)

There are two types of foot pedals... one is the ordinary "Foot Pedal" CC wich has CC#4 ... and then an Expression Pedal, for which the REV2 do not have an actual jack input at all... it can receive it though, thru MIDI using CC#11 which is the Continuous Controller number for Expression.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:14:17 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Hello James.

I think that the Expression Pedal is assigned to Volume by default (global page, item number 24 under OS 1.1.4.27).
In order to use it as a modulation source in the matrix, you have to first assign it to EXP CC11 instead on that same Global page.

Then you can use a mod matrix slot to assign Expressn to Cutoff, provided that you set the filter cutoff knob half way to remove its offset value.

Also, make sure to adjust the attenuator knob on the Moog EP3 for correct operation across the whole range.

My Roland EV-5 pedal works flawlessly on my REV2, and it is wired the same way as the Moog EP3.

Hope this helps.

Alain.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Razmo, AlainHubert,

i'm such a noob thanks for your help, it's very appreciated !

BTW, brilliant presets Razmo :)

have nice week-end folks,
James

Re: [SOLVED] MOOG EP3 Expression : help needed please
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »
Yes - thanks for this - so helpful :)