Sample Pack Requests

LoboLives

Sample Pack Requests
« on: November 08, 2018, 03:00:35 PM »
With 8Dio bringing out sound packs for the Prophet X like the Prophet-5 pack and in the future the CP Pack. Are there any sound pack ideas that you'd like to see 8Dio create for the PX?

Re: Sample Pack Requests
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
With 8Dio bringing out sound packs for the Prophet X like the Prophet-5 pack and in the future the CP Pack. Are there any sound pack ideas that you'd like to see 8Dio create for the PX?
Oh they’re still doing that  ;)

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »

I would like to see an add on pack with Rave sounds that were very popular in Europe from the early to mid nineties.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »

Yes I did wonder if they were going to do this, maybe even next year. Their communication is awful!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

Well it appears that 8dio have just posted a demo of the Prophet 5 add ons on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=cqVngb6IWnY

Quote "This video demonstrates "The Last Prophet 5" Add-On for the Sequential Prophet X and XL. This is the first official Add-On for the Prophet X series with many more to come."

They then go on to say:

Download Official Add-Ons for Prophet X and XL at www.8io.com

However look at the web address, as above' taken directly from the YouTube comments, say no more!

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 12:22:12 PM »

Well it appears that 8dio have just posted a demo of the Prophet 5 add ons on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=cqVngb6IWnY

Quote "This video demonstrates "The Last Prophet 5" Add-On for the Sequential Prophet X and XL. This is the first official Add-On for the Prophet X series with many more to come."

They then go on to say:

Download Official Add-Ons for Prophet X and XL at www.8io.com

However look at the web address, as above' taken directly from the YouTube comments, say no more!

I talked with them on the web page chat channel today and they said "not yet" and "coming soon" whatever that means. Why the hell release YouTube videos on how to use add-ons with showing the web page and where to find and buy them before it is live? These guys just do things very strange. That said the pack sounds good to me.. Better than the initial demo.

I am hoping for those old Fairlight and Synclavier type packs and some mellotron and chamberlin too. I think those would work well as sample fodder on the X.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 04:00:36 PM »

The Prophet sample pack is now available:

https://8dio.com/instrument/prophet-5-add-on/

$88, here is a 10% discount code you can use: dfk8kd3zdbb-2664

Just completed the purchase, will load up tomorrow.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
No really... the kind of sample packs I would be using (when I get my X next year) would have to be created by myself because I hardly think they would create the type of raw waveforms I'd be using.

I have a completely different view on what I want to use an X for... I'd want samples that are perfectly looped snippets of sound textures from both synthetic and acoustic material that is then to be violently mangled in the synth engine.

This is mainly because I really do not like sample playback in a ROMpler form very much... attack transients are allways static sounding, and i can even hear it clearly on the demos of the Prophet 5 sample pack when it's being played... it comes nowhere close to the organic feel of the real thing in my point of view.

So IF I should want a sample pack developed by 8DIO, it should be a texture pack... something that act like building blocks to create programs that has no real resemblance to the original thing the samples was taken from... like kind of a "Samples LEGO box" so to speak.

But I have no expectation that anyone will make those samples exactly the way I want them, as my experience with sample editing for more than 25+ years has given me a rather perfectionist approach to designing samples, down to single sample accuracy in loop points, and even the way they are multisampled/velocity switched etc... the X gives some rather nice features with the "round robin" style of sample cycling that I'll most definitely want to take advantage of as this can remedy a lot of the static transient problems usually associated with samplers.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 03:14:44 PM »

I would like to have more of those VS wavetables please!

LoboLives

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 06:55:15 PM »

I would like to have more of those VS wavetables please!

I think all the original VS waves are in there....also with the P12 being discontinued I think we'll see another digital/analog hybrid take it's place and include all the VS waves and P12 waves.

niagarasynths

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
I've been down this Prophet path several times and it just hasn't worked out for me for different reasons. Not that their intentions are not worthy,.... the delivery just hasn't been there. I guess it's called "managing expectations". That being said, I'm taking it back for a Moog One.

laurentluigi

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 01:57:45 AM »
Hello,

does someone has some informations about the third Add on by 8Dio !?
Number 1 the Prophet, Number 2 the Cp... next !!!???

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »
Hello,

does someone has some informations about the third Add on by 8Dio !?
Number 1 the Prophet, Number 2 the Cp... next !!!???

I heard - Arp2600, Prophet T8 and OB-X

Prophet T8 seems dumb as its the same sound as a Prophet-5 with more voices.
Arp2600 is not so much without patch points as any modular
OBX would have some sweet oscs to sample but its Filter and the PX filter are no where alike

Dan

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »

You may be thinking of the Prophet 10 which was basically two Prophet 5s stacked with some very simplistic integration.  The Prophet T8 is more like a hot-rod version of the Prophet 600 due to a better CPU controlling envelopes and the like paired with the best keyboard action ever put in a synth.

Frankly, though, while I’d be interested in a single pack that include raw oscillators from a wide range of vintage synths, I have no real interest in deep sampled presets from the past.  It seems to miss the point for me.  I’d much rather see the kind of thought that went into the D50: attacks that can be grafted onto synthesized sustains, or the Prophet VS: wavetables with unique harmonic character designed for cross-fading (ideally through loop modulation across the range of harmonic content so I only need to dedicate one Instrument to the task.)  Give me an effective sound designer’s toolkit and I’ll gladly invest.

LoboLives

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »

You may be thinking of the Prophet 10 which was basically two Prophet 5s stacked with some very simplistic integration.  The Prophet T8 is more like a hot-rod version of the Prophet 600 due to a better CPU controlling envelopes and the like paired with the best keyboard action ever put in a synth.

Frankly, though, while I’d be interested in a single pack that include raw oscillators from a wide range of vintage synths, I have no real interest in deep sampled presets from the past.  It seems to miss the point for me.  I’d much rather see the kind of thought that went into the D50: attacks that can be grafted onto synthesized sustains, or the Prophet VS: wavetables with unique harmonic character designed for cross-fading (ideally through loop modulation across the range of harmonic content so I only need to dedicate one Instrument to the task.)  Give me an effective sound designer’s toolkit and I’ll gladly invest.

Agreed. I am not really into sampling synths unless it’s from vintage samplers (Fairlight, Emulator, Prophet 2000 etc). Personally I’d like to see more Orchestral sounds. More brass and string effects. They have some nice ones on board but there’s some specific ones from their CAGE and CASE series like flutter tongue, rips, tremelo and others that I’d like to see in there. Would help immensely in my composer work.

I’ve done a few D50 inspired patches and tried to recreate some of the D50 patches like Digital Native Dance. Interestingly enough, there are already some D50 inspired patches in the PX already. I believe there is a patch called Fantasia that’s a spot on recreation of the iconic D50 sound.

laurentluigi

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 05:36:45 AM »
Please !!!!!!

Give us some wavetables !!!!!!!!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LoboLives

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »
Please !!!!!!

Give us some wavetables !!!!!!!!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think that might be coming in the next synth Sequential do.

laurentluigi

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30:27 AM »
New synth...... ;).........or new add........... :-[    ?????????

LoboLives

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
New synth...... ;).........or new add........... :-[    ?????????

With the discontinuation of the Prophet 12, one can be almost certain we will see a digital/analog hybrid with digital oscillators that feature wavetables from the VS, P12 and maybe some licensed ones from Waldorf.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 11:50:10 AM »
Check this out:
https://samplesfrommars.com/products/all-products-from-mars

39USD for their COMPLETE sample libs, multi format.
Now that is some PX food !