Sequential After Dave Smith?

Sequential After Dave Smith?
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:32:51 AM »
I am obsessed w/ my Prophet 6 and OB6... Hard to imagine living without them now. If Dave Smith passes one day do you think Sequential will carry on making these synths?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Sequential After Dave Smith?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »
If Dave Smith passes one day....

If?  I think we can be fairly certain that one day this will happen.  But I would imagine this has been well prepared for.  Sequential staff includes some senior members and a substantial number of young guys who may be happy to carry on the great Dave Smith tradition.  So don't worry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:10:04 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »
Hell yea!!! I will continue to support! \m/

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »
MOOG did just that, and they are a small boutique company as well, so I'd certainly think that someone would want to take over when that time comes... so let's hope that Dave has not been sitting alone in the "dungeon" when developing, but have actual apprentices learning his trade so that they are able to take over at all ;)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »
👍 :)

ddp

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »
You should be worrying about how to install the first 8Dio add-on pack, I think one more reboot and I will have it loaded!
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.