Oscillator Mix Bleed

Oscillator Mix Bleed
« on: October 30, 2018, 07:30:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Just got my first DSI instrument, 8 voice Rev2 and upon quick inspection noticed something a bit strange. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior but basically when I load up an initial patch (osc2 is off) and I turn the Oscillator mix knob all the way clockwise (Osc2 full volume) I'm expecting to not hear anything but I can hear Osc1 slightly bleeding through. The same applies if I turn Osc1 off and Osc2 on, and dial the knob full anticlockwise (Osc1 full volume)... Could this be a faulty OscMix pot?

Re: Oscillator Mix Bleed
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:07:58 AM »
I get the same results. And just a heads up: The filter does not close all the way. Some oscillator bleed will always be present, even with the cutoff tuned all the way down. I suppose that's the price to pay for having 16 affordable analogue voices.

I am looking at the Moog One at the moment and I am questioning myself, wether I jumped the gun on the Rev2.

jmnes

Re: Oscillator Mix Bleed
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »
Support confirmed to me that there is small bleed through the filter and through the osc mix. I’ve played it for some people and they don’t even notice it, but it really stood out to me on some patches, so I guess some people may just be more sensitive to it than others.

Ultimately, I traded in for a Prophet 6 and am very happy. I still am open to a Rev2 again in the future because of its other traits, but the bleed made it less enjoyable as a primary instrument for me.