Trouble playing and recording from Logic Pro Midi

Trouble playing and recording from Logic Pro Midi
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »
Hello, this is my first post :) I just got rev2 desktop. And now I'm trying to record my song into Logic pro X. The thing is I already record midi note on Logic Pro X with my other midi controller, so I can just play and record Rev2 on Logic. But the strange things happened. When I play (and record) midi note from logic to my rev2 Desktop, amplifier and LPF Attack not working. If i turn up the attack,  the value of attack still the same before I turn it up. I read about this and suspect that midi echo/thru is the case, so when logic play to rev2,rev2 will play it back to logic too. I already disable it but but still nothing happens. Need help here, this is so frustatinggg... because I already had a lot of songs on my midi recording.

Re: Trouble playing and recording from Logic Pro Midi
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »
Hi and welcome.

I'd like to help but I am struggeling to understand your problem or what you want to achieve.

I can play MIDI-Notes from a pre-recorded Logic-Track to the Rev2 while at the same time record on a different Logic-Track but with the same MIDI-Channel all my changes on LPF-attack or AMP-attack.

Please explain your problem again.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 11:21:42 AM »
Hello,

For me too, it's my 1st post  :)
and for me too... I meet problems with Logic Pro  :-\

I think that we are not alone to meet issues with Logic Pro:
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,2477.msg26788.html#msg26788

I have a similar problem than dedidude & also of Chris Duff (but without solution)
Set up Rev2 as an external instrument, MIDI over USB, pretty much default settings but turned Local off. All kinds of craziness ensued every time I changed almost any setting in Logic - in particular, selecting different tracks, adding a new track, adding a plug-in. The types of issues were:
- re-tuning one of the oscillators

As soon as I plug the REV 2 with USB, the reactions are stranges.

Maybe this post is opportunity to hope to find help together.
Thanks in advance

PS: English language is not my native language ...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 09:36:00 PM »
Hello,

For me too, it's my 1st post  :)
and for me too... I meet problems with Logic Pro  :-\

I think that we are not alone to meet issues with Logic Pro:
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,2477.msg26788.html#msg26788

I have a similar problem than dedidude & also of Chris Duff (but without solution)
Set up Rev2 as an external instrument, MIDI over USB, pretty much default settings but turned Local off. All kinds of craziness ensued every time I changed almost any setting in Logic - in particular, selecting different tracks, adding a new track, adding a plug-in. The types of issues were:
- re-tuning one of the oscillators

As soon as I plug the REV 2 with USB, the reactions are stranges.

Maybe this post is opportunity to hope to find help together.
Thanks in advance

PS: English language is not my native language ...

The only solution I've found is to disable MIDI Param Receive in the Global Settings menu. This still allows it to receive MIDI note data, it just doesn't let you control automation of parameters via CC/NRPN controlled by Logic (e.g if you want to sequence a filter sweep from Logic's own automation). I might try NRPN a bit later, as that's something I haven't tried.