Patch Names

Patch Names
« on: October 27, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »
With so many great and useable sounds, I'd like to think of them by their given names. But I'm in no rush to buy the SoundTower editor, especially if that's my main motivation for doing so.
Still, I was wondering, when you save a patch to one of the User locations (000-499) does SoundTower give you the option to change the name of the patch?
Kind of a dumb question for someone who doesn't want to make custom banks, randomize patches, or combine-clone patches, but just wants to see the patch names (other than on a printout of the .pdf.) And besides, in standalone mode, how would you even know?
But it would be nice to see that ones Patch 063, for example, is an edit of patch 563 (or any other Factory.) And it just may make remembering locations easier. Or harder.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

Re: Patch Names
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »
Yep, you can name patches with the editor, works great too.

rb415

Re: Patch Names
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:20:47 AM »
You can also use the online Laser Mammoth librarian, https://f0f7.net/fe/#/SysexLibrarian/DSIOb6 in Google Chrome, or another browser with Web MIDI support. Seems to work great, and is a much leaner proposition than Soundtower (which, frankly, I found near incomprehensible when I used it with the REV2).