Rev 2 Patches on Prophet 8?

Rev 2 Patches on Prophet 8?
« on: October 26, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm flirting with the possibility of owning a Prophet 8, being that it is more affordable than a Rev 2.  (I wish I could spend some time trying it out, but it's a private sale.)

I can play the Rev 2 though and, every time I do, it's heavenly!  The patches are so imaginative.   I understand you can use Prophet 8 patches on the Rev 2....can we go the other way around?

Thank in advance for any ideas.  I'm not much of a programmer....

Re: Rev 2 Patches on Prophet 8?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »
If you like the Rev 2, you will probably like the P-08 too.  The basic differences are that the Rev 2 has some additional modulation capabilities and has on board effects.  While I have never tried it, I am guessing that the Rev 2 patches cannot be uploaded to a P-08 due to the additional capabilities and firmware differences.

BTW, the P-08 is a good instrument to learn programming on.  User friendly and easy to learn the basic functions.
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

Re: Rev 2 Patches on Prophet 8?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply - I figure it might be hard to do what I was imagining...

The Prophet 8 I was looking at 2nd hand did sell, so I have to stop thinking about it. :)

I am very interested in owning something from DSI/Sequential, I hope I can make it happen in the near future.  (Still sore about missing out on a AS-1 as well.  Both the Pro-2 and Rev2 are always calling my name - I wish I could afford them...)