Using the Toraiz SP-16 with the DSI Tempest.

Jonas

Using the Toraiz SP-16 with the DSI Tempest.
« on: October 24, 2018, 09:56:58 AM »
Greetings.  I'm interested in adding a Toraiz SP-16 to my studio and for performances I'd like to arrange songs on it so it plays along with my Tempest playlists.  I just want to verify that pressing Start / Stop on one unit will trigger the Start / Stop on the other.  My Tempest will start sequences when connected via midi to my other DSI synths, I just want to make sure that it could do the same for the Toraiz SP-16 when it is in arrangement mode, or vice versa.  I'd appreciate any info that you can share.
DSI/Pioneer: |Tempest|PRO 2|PRO '08|OB-6|MonoEvolverKeys|MophoKeys|Toraiz AS-1|SP-16|
Oberheim: |DMX|DPX-1|Matrix 1000|

LoboLives

Re: Using the Toraiz SP-16 with the DSI Tempest.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
Greetings.  I'm interested in adding a Toraiz SP-16 to my studio and for performances I'd like to arrange songs on it so it plays along with my Tempest playlists.  I just want to verify that pressing Start / Stop on one unit will trigger the Start / Stop on the other.  My Tempest will start sequences when connected via midi to my other DSI synths, I just want to make sure that it could do the same for the Toraiz SP-16 when it is in arrangement mode, or vice versa.  I'd appreciate any info that you can share.

As long as you are sending midi clock out of the Tempest and setting up the SP16 to receive midi clock then it should work.

Jonas

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:07:47 AM »
Thank you LoboLives for the reply.  I added the SP-16 to my studio and figured it out right away.  To answer my own question and for further information to anyone else:  Wherever the SP-16 sits in the midi clock chain, you have the option to enable or disable the function to Start/Stop/Continue in the settings menu.  As the master clock unit, I set it up and it triggers Start / Stop and prompts the Arpeggiator on all my DSI synths if I so desire. Cheers and best wishes all SP-16 users.
DSI/Pioneer: |Tempest|PRO 2|PRO '08|OB-6|MonoEvolverKeys|MophoKeys|Toraiz AS-1|SP-16|
Oberheim: |DMX|DPX-1|Matrix 1000|

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 09:17:36 PM »
Thank you LoboLives for the reply.  I added the SP-16 to my studio and figured it out right away.  To answer my own question and for further information to anyone else:  Wherever the SP-16 sits in the midi clock chain, you have the option to enable or disable the function to Start/Stop/Continue in the settings menu.  As the master clock unit, I set it up and it triggers Start / Stop and prompts the Arpeggiator on all my DSI synths if I so desire. Cheers and best wishes all SP-16 users.

Let me know how it is, I really had my eye on it. Shame you can't play notes into the sequencer via external midi keyboard.