Saving MIDI System Settings..

Saving MIDI System Settings..
« on: October 23, 2018, 02:19:46 AM »
Hi, I seem to be having trouble with the MIDI settings on my tempest. Everytime I turn the device on it reverts the MIDI system settings to Master/No Midi in selected. I keep having to manually change it to Slave Thru and MIDI PORT every time I turn on the device which is quite annoying.

I don't remember having this issue a few years ago, and a studio I worked in had their tempest synced automatically after the device is switched on. I have RTFM but cant seem to find help.

Any ideas?

Re: Saving MIDI System Settings..
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 03:16:28 AM »
Definitely you should contact support maybe it has to do something with the board that needs repair or replaced..

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 03:25:57 AM »
Aw man, I have had trouble with the Tempest since I got it in 2014, the play/stop/record buttons were loose, I sent it off last year to have it fixed as it was still under warranty with the supplier, when i recieved it back the LP filter constantly changes by itself (a known problem on here). I have recieved a new potentiometer from DSI to fix it myself.

If this is another thing that needs fixed and will cost me money I will absolutely give up the Tempest.
Nothing but trouble from day one.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:28:25 AM by ionawax »

Jimger

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:08:31 AM »
Definitely you should contact support maybe it has to do something with the board that needs repair or replaced..

Hi Yorgos,

This is my first post, I've recently bought a second hand Tempest.  I've found your contributions on this site extremely helpful when I've been learning about the tempest and thanks to this I'm starting to get to know it a little... so many, many thanks.

I was a little puzzled and worried by this post though...  my tempest isn't remembering my midi setting, I have to set this every time I turn it on.  It's not really difficult or problematic.  Everything else seems to work fine.

I wondered why this could mean a new board?  Seems a bit drastic for what seems like a small issue...  Is this the start of a bigger issue or something?

Cheers,

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 07:29:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words Jim!
What OS versions you have installed?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:31:37 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

Jimger

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 07:56:45 AM »
Hi Yorgos,

I have 1.5.0.2 Main OS
Voice OS: 1.5 (x6)
Panel OS: 1.3
Sam OS: 1.1

I reloaded (?not sure if my terminology is right) the first three of these yesterday.  They were already up to date but I thought is was worth a try.  It didn't seem to help.

I have recalibrated the tempest today also (oscillators/filters/sliders and drumpads)

It is now saving the midi settings. 

I'm pretty sure this comes and goes, not sure if it's something that I'm doing.

Thanks for your help!

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
Some boards are having a battery inside for saving purposes..I don’t know if that’s the case with Tempest  but it’s worth it to get in touch with DSI support..They know better
Hi Yorgos,

I have 1.5.0.2 Main OS
Voice OS: 1.5 (x6)
Panel OS: 1.3
Sam OS: 1.1

I reloaded (?not sure if my terminology is right) the first three of these yesterday.  They were already up to date but I thought is was worth a try.  It didn't seem to help.

I have recalibrated the tempest today also (oscillators/filters/sliders and drumpads)

It is now saving the midi settings. 

I'm pretty sure this comes and goes, not sure if it's something that I'm doing.

Thanks for your help!

Jimmy

Jimger

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 10:06:34 AM »
Will do Yorgos,

Thank for the advice.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »
Sure Jim any time ;)
Will do Yorgos,

Thank for the advice.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 10:01:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

I contacted support and Carson was very helpful.

So...

I missed a trick here with the ‘Settings’ button.

All I had to do was press ‘settings’ when I’d altered them.

So, as I’m sure just about everyone will know but there may be a few like me who don’t:

If you want your settings to ‘set’...

Press ‘settings’ after you’ve set them!

Cheers,

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 03:10:52 PM »
Ah Jim thought you saw that set..Ye Carson is a nice lad ;) Glad you figured this out..
Hi everyone,

I contacted support and Carson was very helpful.

So...

I missed a trick here with the ‘Settings’ button.

All I had to do was press ‘settings’ when I’d altered them.

So, as I’m sure just about everyone will know but there may be a few like me who don’t:

If you want your settings to ‘set’...

Press ‘settings’ after you’ve set them!

Cheers,

Jimmy