The wait is finally over for Mono/DSI Prophet 6 gigbags!

The wait is finally over for Mono/DSI Prophet 6 gigbags!
« on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:26 AM »
For anybody anxiously awaiting a proper case for their Prophet 6's like I have been, Mono just informed me that DSI should be receiving their first batch of custom Mono/DSI gigbags by next week, so look out for announcements on that! 

Moog Voyager, Prophet 6, OB-6 Desktop, Korg MicroKorg-S, Toraiz SP-16 and AS-1.

Re: The wait is finally over for Mono/DSI Prophet 6 gigbags!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:22:15 PM »
Custom Mono/DSI Prophet 6/OB-6 softshell gigbags are available NOW in the DSI Store! 

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »
Hey guys,

I just received the Mono case for the Prophet 6.  I think its a great case that seems to provide the necessary protection to protect your 3k instrument.  If you dropped it about arm height I think there would be no damage no matter where you dropped it.  If you stepped on it, however, I'm sure a knob or two would break.  If a guitar case fell on it, it'd probably be okay. 

Just so you get an idea of what the product actually is, it's basically a Mono Vertigo 61-key Keyboard case.  You have to use two of the included bumpers on either side to secure the Prophet 6 into place.  There's a long padded foam bar you could use on top of the keyboard, but then it presses down on all the keys when the bag is zipped closed.  So I removed it.  You'll also have an extra small bumper you won't be using either.

I thought it was going to be a form-fitted case made specifically for the 49-key Prophet, but such is not the case.  All in all, I am satisfied with it and will use it with confidence. 

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:23:05 AM »
Just to clarify..

I just checked the DSI store.
The bag that is pictured on the home page is actually a Vertigo 49 bag.
When I click on the "more details" button under Prophet 6 / OB 6, there is no Picture.
But you are saying that the case you received from the DSI store when you bought a case for the Prophet 6 / OB-6, is the Vertigo 61 bag?

https://store.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 10:21:49 AM »
Ya the Prophet 6/OB 6 Mono case does say Vertigo 61 inside the case. 

Also you should note that it comes with a couple extra bumpers and a foam top piece.  I'm only using the top and bottom bumper and I'm left with one more bumper and a top foam piece, both of which is not necessary because they don't fit.

It will not say Prophet6/OB6 on the inside tag.

Hope that helps.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »
I got a case before these were released and like it very much.  Doesn't say Prophet of course, but is made for 49 keys, great fit and protection.

It is a Gator Pro-Go Series G-PG-49-

-dj

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:15:25 AM »
Hi Guys,

Here is my choice as i am moving from stages to stages quite often now and it makes it really well, the GATOR but the 61 keys, the plus is the place i have for accessories, mixer alim and chuko for the Prophet !

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/111279-2468/gtsa-key61