"Time After Time" - Soft Chorus Pads

"Time After Time" - Soft Chorus Pads
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:24:10 PM »
Hi All:

I've been attempting to dial a custom patch (or find a factory preset) that approximates the pads used in Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" () and I can't seem to get the sound.  I believe they used a Juno 60 with chorus for the softer-pad and a memory moog for the 'You say, go slow...' part that has less of a filter on it.

Does anyone have an advice or a patch they might share?  I've tried messing with the chorus options, I've also toyed with buying a Chorus and/or Reverb pedal to put the Prophet 6 through to soften/expand the sound.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Been looking to do the same thing for a muted 'Dancing in the Dark' Soft-horn sound ().  (I believe they used a Yamaha CS-80 for that song).

I love how big, weird, epic, and spooky the prophet 6 can go, but I'm trying to see if it can also approximate those luscious soft Juno 60/106 pad sounds. Any tips/tricks would be helpful. 

Thank you very much.  Loving my prophet 6.

Re: "Time After Time" - Soft Chorus Pads
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 02:20:47 AM »
Try this.

Re: "Time After Time" - Soft Chorus Pads
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:56:04 AM »
The key to the soft pad is the chorus and you can't get that same sound out of Prophet 6 builtin chorus. Setting a very basic one sawtooth osc & static filter sent through a Boss CE-20 chorus got me really close. If you're willing to play via a DAW, you can use the free Tal-Chorus-LX plugin to get a very close imitation of the Juno chorus.