Modulate Sample Stretch?

Modulate Sample Stretch?
« on: October 19, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I bought Prophet X serial number 504 a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, the new Sound on Sound review nailed it for me: when I first plugged in the synth, I was a tad underwhelmed. But the more I've used it, the more I've fallen in love with the sound, the immediacy, and the depth. I've created more new patches in a couple of weeks on the X than I probably have in the last five years with my other boards.

One thing on my wish list is the ability to modulate the Sample Stretch key -- so you could, for example, use an LFO or the wheel to scan through VS waves. It could be used to do a whole bunch of fun and whacky stuff.

Is this possible and I've missed it?

Jeff

drxcm

Re: Modulate Sample Stretch?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I bought Prophet X serial number 504 a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, the new Sound on Sound review nailed it for me: when I first plugged in the synth, I was a tad underwhelmed. But the more I've used it, the more I've fallen in love with the sound, the immediacy, and the depth. I've created more new patches in a couple of weeks on the X than I probably have in the last five years with my other boards.

One thing on my wish list is the ability to modulate the Sample Stretch key -- so you could, for example, use an LFO or the wheel to scan through VS waves. It could be used to do a whole bunch of fun and whacky stuff.

Is this possible and I've missed it?

Jeff

Not possible unfortunately.  Agree it would be great though...

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 10:54:43 AM »
Why is not possible? I can turn the knob manually, and it works fine. Modulation is just having an LFO or other source do the job for me. Same thing. This feature would be a killer.

drxcm

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »
Why is not possible? I can turn the knob manually, and it works fine. Modulation is just having an LFO or other source do the job for me. Same thing. This feature would be a killer.

Not sure which knob you are turning, as there is no knob for Sample Stretch?

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 01:15:34 AM »

It's called "Stretch Key" under the "Inst1 Misc" tab.  It would be really useful as a modulation destination!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 08:57:56 AM »

It's called "Stretch Key" under the "Inst1 Misc" tab.  It would be really useful as a modulation destination!

It would be a great mod feature. You can do it via a daw and automation. You have sample stretch A and B as automation lanes.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.