Prophet X as a MIDI slave

Prophet X as a MIDI slave
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:09:57 AM »
I am attempting to use the X as a midi slave. The Seq runs whenever clock is present. Is there a way to only trigger the seq when a key is pressed or a midi note is sent? Seems a bit useless to just have it run all the time. Or am I missing something?

LoboLives

Re: Prophet X as a MIDI slave
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
I am attempting to use the X as a midi slave. The Seq runs whenever clock is present. Is there a way to only trigger the seq when a key is pressed or a midi note is sent? Seems a bit useless to just have it run all the time. Or am I missing something?

Go to Global Menu. Clock Mode: Slave No S/S. So it will only start when you press the start button and won't be automatically be turned on when your master clock starts.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:12:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply LoboLives. I worked a little with that last night. I'd love to have it triggered by the first midi note or keypress as well!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
The only other ways I'm aware of to start the sequencer are with a foot pedal plugged into the rear Sequence jack, or using the NRPN control message (#4188 accepts 1 to start, 0 to stop.)