The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Prophet X as a MIDI slave

Prophet X as a MIDI slave
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:09:57 AM »
I am attempting to use the X as a midi slave. The Seq runs whenever clock is present. Is there a way to only trigger the seq when a key is pressed or a midi note is sent? Seems a bit useless to just have it run all the time. Or am I missing something?

Re: Prophet X as a MIDI slave
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
I am attempting to use the X as a midi slave. The Seq runs whenever clock is present. Is there a way to only trigger the seq when a key is pressed or a midi note is sent? Seems a bit useless to just have it run all the time. Or am I missing something?

Go to Global Menu. Clock Mode: Slave No S/S. So it will only start when you press the start button and won't be automatically be turned on when your master clock starts.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:12:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply LoboLives. I worked a little with that last night. I'd love to have it triggered by the first midi note or keypress as well!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »
The only other ways I'm aware of to start the sequencer are with a foot pedal plugged into the rear Sequence jack, or using the NRPN control message (#4188 accepts 1 to start, 0 to stop.)