The display I would like to see.

The display I would like to see.
« on: October 17, 2018, 09:25:38 AM »
OK. I have had my X for about a week and I have about 40 hours into it. The first thing that came to mind during use were the displays.

While I appreciate the helpful displays for sample selection and effects, I would rather have had a much larger main display and removed the two small displays. I don't feel like sample waveforms or effects are set often during use. They could be in the main display, popping up when needed.

I am a big fan of larger fonts and easier to read displays. Especially since we're not always at the perfect viewing angle.

What do you think?

Re: The display I would like to see.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:32:57 AM »
I think the use of multiple smaller displays is actually quite clever.  While I do think a single large display is more flexible, and I adore the work Moog has done with preset management on the One as a good example of what’s possible, I find the Prophet X approach has its own advantages.

It means I can always see the current effects and samples in use as I flip through presets.  It allows me to focus on the controls and the screen as a logical cluster that draws my eye with strong visual reminders of what that group controls (I find some designs look too much like an undifferentiated wall of knobs for my liking.)  Clusters that include illuminated buttons, like effect enabled state, are right next to information about the effect they control.  It also means the main display isn’t changing modes as often, which I appreciate.

Most of all?  It feels more like a bespoke piece of hardware rather than just another software instrument.

Sleep of Reason

Re: The display I would like to see.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:22:11 PM »
What do you think?

Couldn't agree more, but you're probably more likely to find dissent from that view around these parts. I find Sequential's screen usage to be underutilized within a single screen, never mind three screens.