Pitching Samples Up/Down

Pitching Samples Up/Down
« on: October 17, 2018, 08:02:45 AM »
TLDR: Is there any way to pitchshift an entire sample instrument, while maintaining the full key/velocity-mapped set of samples?

If I'm understanding the Prophet X's "Instruments" correctly, when you change the pitch of an Instrument, you're simply sliding the keymap up and down. So if I raise the instrument by an octave, I hear the natural notes of that instrument an octave higher, rather than hearing any pitchshifting.

To hear classic sampler pitchshifting currently, you have to select and "stretch" a single sample across the whole keyboard. But then you're only hearing a single sample, not the whole set of samples.

In a lot of situations this is great. However, I'm also interested in playing with the timbres offered by pitching multisamples up and down. Is there really no way to do this currently? Seems like the instrument is technically capable of it.

Re: Pitching Samples Up/Down
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 08:19:18 AM »
I think I've answer my own question by re-reading the manual: it's not currently possible to pitch shift entire instruments.

So I guess this is really a feature request. Sequential, any chance that you would add a pitch offset parameter to the Instruments? Could be as simple as making the "Stretch Key" act as a "Root Note" (or whatever you want to call it) when Sample Stretch is inactive.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 02:11:51 PM »
You can use the DC mod source to the instruments' pitch mod destination to repitch the samples.

Hope this helps!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »
Very helpful, thank you!!