OB6 Patch 007 Question

OB6 Patch 007 Question
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:53:52 AM »
How did the programmer get the Sub-Oscillator to change pitch - down a 5th - every third key press??!!

• Turn off FX,
    turn down Volume for Osc 1 & 2 (they don't change pitch),
    turn off Cross Mod,
    turn dow LFO Initial Amount and all LFO destinations,
    Note that Sequencer and Arpeggiators are OFF.
Play 4 notes on the same key - every 3rd keypress is a fifth (7 semi-tones) higher. ???

Turn OFF sync - and this anomalous behavior goes away.

I can't figure out what's doing it. But I'm sure someone (or a lot of users) here will be able to! Thanks.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

Re: OB6 Patch 007 Question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Play around with the Detune knob, and Frequency knob, of VCO 2 to get an idea of what the Sync does to the frequency of VCO 1 Sub Oscillator...
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »
Play around with the Detune knob, and Frequency knob, of VCO 2 to get an idea of what the Sync does to the frequency of VCO 1 Sub Oscillator...

MERCI, Alain - I will try. I just now see that 071 has a similar property.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 12:37:53 PM »

This is only happening on every 6th note that I press, so I think one of the VCO circuits is sick. In addition to the patches I mentioned earlier, on patch 007 (my first favorite) - on every 6th note played, that delayed soft lower octave note is replaced by a kind of muted crackle sound....

So I don't think it's how the pitch of Osc 1 and its Sub behave when synced to Osc 2. This is quasi-random, but possibly voice card related.

I've reached out to my salesman, and we're working on what happens next. Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 01:03:11 PM »
That sucks. Have you tried running the calibration routine?
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 02:20:58 PM »
That sucks. Have you tried running the calibration routine?

Yes, Sandy, a number of times. Also upgraded to the newest Beta, and that's all fine.
It turns out, that Carson backs up what Alain told me yesterday: that's the way the unit's designed.
Kind of gives it a multi-timbral edge. Learning to love it.

Thanks, man!