Moog DFAM and Pro 2

Moog DFAM and Pro 2
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:17:12 AM »
If anyone here owns a Moog DFAM and a Pro 2:
Gate out from the Pro 2 with sequencer running in to the Adv/Clock on the Moog. Does this work for you? For me nothing happens. Inputs Trigger and Run/Stop works. So maybe something is wrong?

Re: Moog DFAM and Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:40:22 AM »
The Pro2's gate out jack is hard wired to the keyboard, so it only gates when you press a key.

In the newest BETA OS versions we added a new set of destinations for the sequencer called "CV TRIG", one for each of the 4 CV outs. This allows you to sequence CV triggers much more easily than before.

If you just want to clock your DFAM, set a sequencer track to one of the CV TRIG destinations, make the necessary CV connections and hit play. With each step enabled for the sequencer track, it's a clock source. You can also use rests and ties to create different rhythms.

Hope this helps!
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 02:26:58 PM »
I will look into that but I doubt the problem is in the Pro 2 because, like I wrote, Gate out connected to Trigger and Run/Stop works. So actually it does send out a Gate signal. I have made a sequence with notes even if I dont "use" these notes.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 11:11:14 AM »
I got this reply from Moog support (if anyone here happens to be interested):

When using the DFAM's ADV/CLOCK input, you will need to send a clock signal in order to get the DFAM to respond. A gate signal is different from a clock signal, thus why the DFAM will not trigger when sent a gate signal. That said, you can get the DFAM to respond by sending a gate signal to either the TRIGGER input or the RUN/STOP input, as you have noted.