P6 dead after update...

P6 dead after update...
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:52:12 AM »
Hello Everyone
i was trying this morning to downgrade from os 1.2.0 to 1.1.0 and i was follow all the instruction
from here :http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-the-prophet-6-os/
but not sure what happen , after a minute or less it was show the number 1 on the screen and it will not continue to update.
now when i turn on the P6 it will show the number 6 but it will not respond to anything , also when i press the write button it will show a different lines on the screen.
it will also not recognize the usb , not sure whats going on and how i can recover it.
if anyone can help me that will be great
thanks

Re: P6 dead after update...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »
Had this happen to me, after a few emails between me a support I we got it squared away.   Here is what worked:

1) Download the latest beta

2) Power up while holding down the write button, you should see animation where the 6 was. This may be what you are seeing after you press write but I can't tell from a still picture. The animation let's you know you are in bootloader mode.

3) Use a regular midi connection (no USB) to send the update to the P6.

At that point you should see the P6 going through the update process to completion. The key is using a regular midi cable and interface.

If this doesn't help email support, they are very prompt and helpful.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:23:04 PM »
Had this happen to me, after a few emails between me a support I we got it squared away.   Here is what worked:

1) Download the latest beta

2) Power up while holding down the write button, you should see animation where the 6 was. This may be what you are seeing after you press write but I can't tell from a still picture. The animation let's you know you are in bootloader mode.

3) Use a regular midi connection (no USB) to send the update to the P6.

At that point you should see the P6 going through the update process to completion. The key is using a regular midi cable and interface.

If this doesn't help email support, they are very prompt and helpful.
Thank you so much black953mj for the help , not sure why DSI said that usb sould work but clearly its not.
i Guess one of this will do the trick http://www.guitarcenter.com/iConnectivity/Mio-1x1-USB-MIDI-Interface.gc .... well hopefully !!!
Thanks

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
hello
is anyone have any other idea how to reset the P6?
i got a midi interface and connect it with midi cable but it not make the P6 to complete the Update ,  i only keep see the animation going circle on the screen
thanks

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
I'd imagine it has to do with how fast midi data is being sent.  The programs they recommend for Mac and Windows have settings to slow things down. Look at the release notes for tips.

If you still have no luck all you really need to do is email support, they will have you back in business in no time!