Clearing the sequencer

Clearing the sequencer
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:55:51 AM »
Hi all, loving my Prophet X even more than my OB-6 and my Pro 2!

I was wondering if there is a quick way to clear a sequence. Clearing each step one at a time seems too tedious to be true, but I haven't found anything in the manual. Hopefully I overlooked it or there is a shortcut of some kind.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:06:27 AM by JonnGauntletier »

Re: Clearing the sequencer
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »
why not just record over it?

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »

This is the right approach. There's no clear for the poly sequencer. If you're not happy with what you recorded in, you can either make edits using the main display and soft knobs/encoders, or start anew by pressing record.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 08:17:05 AM »
When there's a factory sequence present, whatever I record simply layers over the top of what was already there.

This is the right approach. There's no clear for the poly sequencer. If you're not happy with what you recorded in, you can either make edits using the main display and soft knobs/encoders, or start anew by pressing record.

blewis

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:10 AM »
If you hit Record it should record over the _selected layer_.

Possibly you have another layer’s sequence not getting overwritten? Maybe check that.

When there's a factory sequence present, whatever I record simply layers over the top of what was already there.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 08:20:23 AM »
Ah, yes, that's got to be it. Thanks so much.

If you hit Record it should record over the _selected layer_.

Possibly you have another layer’s sequence not getting overwritten? Maybe check that.