My new OB6 !

My new OB6 !
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
So i've just bought my OB6 (module) and i'm playing it right now, i'm so happy !

This is my second Sequential instrument, i already have a Prophet Rev2 and although i like it , i always feel it lacks some 'warmth' on low frequencies. Now i'm getting just what i was looking for with the Ob6 ! I don't know if because is still fresh to me, but i feel i can get into sounds i like much faster (and having more fun) than on the Rev2.

Is there anybody here that has both machines and like both in different ways ? Right now i'm not sure if i'll keep the Rev2 as maybe it would be redundancy in my setup, despite the fact the modulations possibilities on the Rev2 are much superior.

Anyway right now i'm just having lot of fun with my Obbie, thanks DSI for such a great instrument :D

Re: My new OB6 !
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:05:12 PM »
Congrats! 

OB-6 = Dream Synth/Tone Machine/Nostalgia Generator  8)

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 06:06:26 PM »
Congrats on getting a superb instrument. I also have a Rev2 but I already had the OB6 Module before getting the Rev2. Because I was looking for more modulations possibilities and more polyphony.

I feel like the two machines go well together. I agree that the OB6 has this instant satisfaction advantage, but the Rev2 can usually get me what I’m looking for with a little work.

I was (and still am to some extent) thinking of maybe selling the Rev2 to get a second OB6 Module to get more voices in polychain mode. But that would not allow me to get everything I might need modulation wise. Still on the fence about it.

Anyway, enjoy your new found synth heaven !
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:09:10 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »
Have to agree ... wish I could combine my REV2 16 (# of LFOs, modulation options, bi-timbrality, & voice count) with my OB-6 (SEM VCOs/filters & style of envelopes).  :'(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:35:38 PM by Sleep of Reason »

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:37 PM »
Have to agree ... wish I could combine my REV2 16 (# of LFOs, modulation options, bi-timbrality, & voice count) with my OB-6 (SEM VCOs/filters & style of envelopes).  :'(

This probably would cost about 10k :p