Midi note issues [SOLVED]

Midi note issues [SOLVED]
« on: September 21, 2018, 06:49:38 AM »
Hi all,

Ive started using the P12 as a master keyboard and have found a serious issue.

It seems the P12 won't send out G3.  Really weird, it is not the key itself as if I transpose the keyboard then that key works fine and another G will be a affected.  I can see that note off gets sent for G3, but no note on value.

Anyone seen this or got any ideas of what on earth is going on.  I have reloaded the firmware and the same issue persists.

Cheers.!

P.S. - I should add that G3 works fine from my other synths so I don't think its somehow being filtered by Logic.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:41:37 AM by extempo »

Gomjab

Re: Midi note issues
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 07:17:11 AM »
Wow that is a strange one.  Seemed pretty obvious until you mentioned transposing.  I think an email to sequential support is in order. 

I would try to duplicate your result but I have the desktop version of the P12.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:24:50 AM »
Haha, yep, its totally whacko.  I also first though 'oh crap I have a faulty key,' so I transposed so I could keep working, but alas, no G3 for me it seems.

I have sent them a message, very curious what they come back with as it seems really counter intuitive and ultra specific issue to have.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »
BTW, I just switched it to Midi cable rather than USB and that does work, so at least I have a workaround for now.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:06:20 AM »
This has been resolved.

I tested this in an external program, a midi monitor and it worked fine, so I did a google search for Logic not playing specific note, and came up with this page..

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101021

It seems that that note with this keyboard was (somehow, don't ask me how as I have no idea) assigned to do a specific task, i.e. adjust the filter in Predator.  I deleted that and hey presto, it works again.

A weird one to be sure, especially considering I just started using this as my controller and I haven't even opened Predator since.  Someone more knowledgeable that myself may understand this but I do not.  I am glad to have it fixed though.

Gomjab

Re: Midi note issues [SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »
Logic started life as a very powerful MIDI sequencer and has a lot of flexibility under the hood still.   Occasionally it can bite you. I’m glad it wasn’t an issue with your hardware.