Rev2 sending unwanted Midi info to Logic X [SOLVED]

Rev2 sending unwanted Midi info to Logic X [SOLVED]
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »
Whilst set up on an External or Audio track in Logic the Rev2 sends a Midi program change to my DAW when I change from one preset on the synth to another. I have Midi Program turned off.
This happens every time I want to change a sound on the Rev2. So basically I have to disconnect the USB cable when I want to audition sounds on the Rev2 otherwise it changes to a Performance setting I have saved in Logic X. This is hugely frustrating and completely spoils my workflow.
Help please!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:34:50 AM by extempo »

Re: Rev2 sending unwanted Midi info to Logic X
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:34 PM »
Turned out it's a Logic X issue. For those that have encountered similar problems it's in Project settings-Input Filter- select Program Change.

Aleos

Re: Rev2 sending unwanted Midi info to Logic X [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »
Hey there, sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm having have similar issues. It's more when I click something in logic (for instance change to a different selected track, add a plug in, sometimes just hit record), it sends strange info to my Rev2. Some times, today on this project,  it sends some oscillator octave changes. Hugely frustrating as Im sure you can relate.
I'll check a logic forum, but if you know of any other tricks, would love to hear, thanks.

A

maxter

Re: Rev2 sending unwanted Midi info to Logic X [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 08:35:05 AM »
I'm not a logic user, so can't help much. But does it still happen if you don't have any plug-ins in a project? Many plugs respond to, and send, MIDI data for automation and such. Some DAWs and controllers can also send a "reset all controllers" message, which instructs some devices and plug-ins to change several parameters to "default" or initial patch or the likes. So watch out for that! And see what you can find in logics "preference" and similar settings, regarding MIDI.
The Way the Truth and the Life