Follow up about yesterday.

LoboLives

Follow up about yesterday.
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to say sorry for the rant yesterday about my situation regarding Tom Oberheim. Dave and Tom are obviously very close so the thread was removed. I respect that so I will not bring it up again on this forum but i did ask Tom to contact me so we will see how that progresses. If Paul can lock this thread so no replies happen that would be great.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:08:59 AM by LoboLives »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Follow up about yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
I didn't find it to be a rant.  I thought the information was quite useful.  But perhaps what we said might offend Tom.  It's a difficult situation for those who have the highest respect for Tom and his superb instruments, but who are caught between the admiration and the mundane reality.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:20:24 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »
I didn't find it to be a rant.  I thought the information was quite useful.  But perhaps what we said might offend Tom.  It's a difficult situation for those who have the highest respect for Tom and his superb instruments, but who are caught between the admiration and the mundane reality.

I made a follow up video clarifying a few things, offered an apology to Tom if his feelings were hurt and saying that if Tom wants to speak to me or ask to take down the video his partner Geoff has my e-mail. That's all I can really do at this point.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »
I'd say we should drop the issue, as far as the forum in concerned.  Something this touchy should be addressed in a more private way, directly to those involved - namely, Tom and the business from which you ordered.  Continuing the discussion on a public forum only makes it sound like gossip, as if there's a personal vendetta against a man who is highly respected around here.  And it makes him into a public object for others to poke.  This is just not the right place for such a delicate topic. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:01:49 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 12:45:10 PM »
I'd say we should drop the issue, as far as the forum in concerned.  Something this touchy should be addressed in a more private way, directly to those involved - namely, Tom and the business from which you ordered.  Continuing the discussion on a public forum only makes it sound like gossip, as if there's a personal vendetta against a man who is highly respected around here.  This is just not the right place for every discussion.

Agreed.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 12:52:53 PM »
I'm not faulting you, LoboLives, because we all fall into this pit, as I certainly do.  But it's the nature of the Internet beast that, because we can, therefore we think we should always post our comments, thoughts, and feelings on subjects that concern us.  Forum discussions, video and news article comments, social media likes and dislikes, thumbs up or thumbs down, and so on.  It all tends to glorify one's almighty opinions.  But, just as in a good marriage you must withhold many things you'd like to say that would only unnecessarily hurt the other person, so should it be online.  Many thoughts and feelings are best kept to ourselves.  If a person must constantly express their views, then let him or her start a journal or write poetry.  The virtual world is just too full of useless and harmful comments, and it encourages us to post them day and night without too much reflection regarding their consequences.

Temperance is a virtue.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:20:47 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

dslsynth

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:58:25 PM »
I think I have an idea of what may have happened. But as Sacred Synthesis said its best to keep it off the net. All I can say here is that I hope Tom is doing very well. I hope to see his instruments back on the market again once its possible for that to happen. And who knows maybe Sequential could help him out a bit?
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 02:04:37 PM »
I think I have an idea of what may have happened. But as Sacred Synthesis said its best to keep it off the net. All I can say here is that I hope Tom is doing very well. I hope to see his instruments back on the market again once its possible for that to happen. And who knows maybe Sequential could help him out a bit?

One can only hope. I ended up deleting the videos. Not because I changed my stance on it but a lot of the personal messages I was getting on other forums and Facebook were from people who weren't even watching the video and I just didn't want the headache and some other information came to light which I won't share (not about Tom or anything-it's just something that added even more confusion). It was just to the point where I didn't care. It was a knee jerk review from a frustrated customer. I hope Tom is doing well.

dslsynth

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »
I think that what is needed here is that terrible terrible P-word everybody talks about and almost nobody actually have: patience! ;)
#!/bin/sh

LoboLives

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »
I think that what is needed here is that terrible terrible P-word everybody talks about and almost nobody actually have: patience! ;)

Well I wouldn't say patience, I would just say tact.

dslsynth

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
Patience is very important too!
#!/bin/sh

LoboLives

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 02:13:12 PM »
Patience is very important too!

I know for sure. Like I said, I've said my thoughts on the subject and I'm letting it go. Tom owes me nothing.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »
I ended up deleting the videos.

Says they were "removed for violating Youtube's terms of service." 

LoboLives

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 07:26:15 PM »
I ended up deleting the videos.

Says they were "removed for violating Youtube's terms of service."

Hmm that’s odd. No idea why that is.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »
Someone might have reported the videos through the "*** More" tab before you deleted them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:47:47 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 07:56:43 PM »
Someone might have reported the videos through the "*** More" tab before you deleted them.

Lol. Yeah it says Video Removed By User on my end. Weird. Aww well.