Beat Sync Question

LoboLives

Beat Sync Question
« on: September 09, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
I know Beat Sync was implemented on almost all of the DSI synths now with their newest OS but I do remember reading that it was pretty much working on the Prophet X with the last OS update is that true or has it not been implemented as of yet? I was trying this out yesterday and it seemed to work fine in regards to the sequencer most of the time but the arpeggiator wasn't syncing properly.

drxcm

Re: Beat Sync Question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »
I know Beat Sync was implemented on almost all of the DSI synths now with their newest OS but I do remember reading that it was pretty much working on the Prophet X with the last OS update is that true or has it not been implemented as of yet? I was trying this out yesterday and it seemed to work fine in regards to the sequencer most of the time but the arpeggiator wasn't syncing properly.

It’s not implemented as far as I can tell. Didn’t we cover this already in the feature requests thread?

I’ve trawled through every setting and the manual, but it’s just not possible.

The sequencer works because it receives a properly timed start signal from external clock sources, the arp is all over the place depending on when you start playing the keys.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:22:12 AM »

It’s not implemented as far as I can tell. Didn’t we cover this already in the feature requests thread?

I’ve trawled through every setting and the manual, but it’s just not possible.

The sequencer works because it receives a properly timed start signal from external clock sources, the arp is all over the place depending on when you start playing the keys.

No but I know it's been implemented on the P6, OB6 and REV2 now so I was curious if it has been implemented as of yet on the PX.

drxcm

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 05:12:21 PM »
No but I know it's been implemented on the P6, OB6 and REV2 now so I was curious if it has been implemented as of yet on the PX.

I emailed DSI - it's on their feature request list but not yet implemented.
I was told my vote was added to their tally for this feature- so if there are other users out there like me, you should email them and ask to add it!.