Tempest Maintenance.

Tempest Maintenance.
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
Hi -

Yesterday I decided to disassemble my Tempest and clean the pads, sliders, and front panel. It looks good as new now! I also spent some time exporting all my beats from my projects as .syx files and deleting all my projects, and saving off all the sounds that I like and wanted to keep. Very time consuming, but I had something like 15 or so projects, many had only one or two beats, it was a mess.

I'm curious if anyone knows of a easy way to export a sound from a beat, and import it into the list of sounds. I examined the sysex file for a sound saved as a sound file, and a sound that's part of a beat. They look entirely different, so I'm guessing it can't be done.

Also I'm curious if there's a way to export ALL the sounds, then rename them individually on the computer and re-import them. I'm pretty sure it can't be done, but I have been wrong before.

I'm using OSX btw. (SYSEX Librarian)

Re: Tempest Maintenance.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:49:17 AM »
hi, where do those rubber cones go? they fell out from somewhere 

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 01:09:12 PM »
hi, where do those rubber cones go? they fell out from somewhere

Not sure about rubber cones, but if you're talking about little black rubber tubes about 1/4 or so inch long, those slip over the LEDs, if memory servers, near the FX sliders. They prevent light from bleeding between the individual panel segments.

I believe there's 4 of them. There may be some by the oscillator LEDs, too but I can't quite remember exactly. Sorry, it's been a while since I've taken it apart.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 05:28:24 AM »
thanks. i ll check it out next time i disassemble it)

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 07:26:34 AM »
I'm curious if anyone knows of a easy way to export a sound from a beat, and import it into the list of sounds. I examined the sysex file for a sound saved as a sound file, and a sound that's part of a beat. They look entirely different, so I'm guessing it can't be done.
From the manual page 63
“To Export a Sound from RAM over MIDI:
1. Connect Tempest to the receiving device (computer running MIDI appli- cation, dedicated hardware sequencer, etc.) using either USB or a MIDI interface. If using a MIDI interface, connecting Tempest’s MIDI out to the device’s MIDI in is sufficient for exporting.
2. In 16 SoundS mode, tap a pad to choose the Sound to export.
3. Press Save/load, choose Export Sound in RAM over MIDI, and press the
neXt Soft Key.
4. The current source Beat and Sound are displayed and can be changed, if
desired.
5. Choose the destination (MIDI and/or USB).
6. Enable the receiving device to receive and record SysEx.
7. Press the eXPoRt now Soft Key.
8. The device records the SysEx data, which can then be named and saved for backup and importing into Tempest.
9. Press the again Soft Key to export another file or Save/load to exit.”
Also I'm curious if there's a way to export ALL the sounds, then rename them individually on the computer and re-import them. I'm pretty sure it can't be done, but I have been wrong before.
And page 65
“To Export Tempest’s entire file contents for backup (Beats, Projects, Sounds):
1. Connect Tempest to the receiving device (computer running MIDI applica- tion, etc.) using either USB or a MIDI interface. If using a MIDI interface, connecting Tempest’s MIDI out to the device’s MIDI in is sufficient for exporting.
2. Press the Save/load button.
3. Use Soft Knob 1 to select item 8, “eXPoRt file oveR midi.”
4. Press the neXt Soft Key.
5. Use Soft Knob 4 to select “all.”
6. Press the neXt Soft Key again.
7. Use Soft Knob 3 to select the appropriate MIDI port (midi or uSB).
8. Press the eXPoRt now Soft Key.”
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:31:05 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »