Guitar Midi into REV2

Guitar Midi into REV2
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »
I have the roland GI-10 and I want to go from the GI Midi Out to REV2 Midi In, so the guitar send midi to the rev2, but also records the Midi in my DAW. Basically using the Rev2 as an Midi interface.

Is Midi in the correct input or should I use Midi thru?

Re: Guitar Midi into REV2
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:12:13 AM »
I have the roland GI-10 and I want to go from the GI Midi Out to REV2 Midi In, so the guitar send midi to the rev2, but also records the Midi in my DAW. Basically using the Rev2 as an Midi interface.

Both!

GI-10>Rev 2 MIDI IN
Rev 2 MIDI THRU>Computer MIDI interface with DAW set to receive same channel used by GI-10.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:29:54 PM »

Both!

GI-10>Rev 2 MIDI IN
Rev 2 MIDI THRU>Computer MIDI interface with DAW set to receive same channel used by GI-10.

Thnka for the response. I got it into MIDI in so I get sound from the REV2, but the DAW isnt receiving the midi via the usb connection. I have the tracks midi input set to REV2 OMNI

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
AFAIK MIDI THRU is not supported over USB so you'll probably have to use the dedicated 5 pin MIDI THRU jack.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 01:44:17 PM »
AFAIK MIDI THRU is not supported over USB so you'll probably have to use the dedicated 5 pin MIDI THRU jack.

Hmm.. could you elaborate? Are you saying it's impossible to pass the midi from the GI - into the REV2 - out USB- and onto a Midi track in my DAW?

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 07:23:01 AM »

Hmm.. could you elaborate? Are you saying it's impossible to pass the midi from the GI - into the REV2 - out USB- and onto a Midi track in my DAW?
I believe that's true. Might want to contact support. There's no mention of USB THRU in the manual.