Omnisphere 2.5 Update - Hardware Synth Integration

Omnisphere 2.5 Update - Hardware Synth Integration
« on: August 29, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »
Spectrasonics have just released the latest update (2.5) for their software synthesizer Omnisphere, and it offers a Hardware Synth Integration. No surprise the Rev2 is supported, what an amazing time to own a Rev2 8)

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypwhO0IDy0

Disclaimer: Just sharing this piece of news and I'm not working for Spectrasonics
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live

Re: Omnisphere 2.5 Update - Hardware Synth Integration
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 06:45:28 AM »
But what doesn't that mean for REV2 owners?

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 07:22:25 AM »
But what doesn't that mean for REV2 owners?

From watching the video, I think it means you can use the knobs and switches on your $2000 hardware Rev2 to control a virtual version of your $2000 hardware Rev2 in $300 software. 

I'm impressed how good Omnisphere sounds (from the video, anyway), but I don't see the point in using real hardware synths in the way that they are used in that video.  I own a Rev2, so I think I'll use that to make Rev2 sounds  :) 

Richard
DSI: P12M, Rev2-16.  Roland: JV-2080, JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, TR-08, TR-09, Moog Subsequent 37, Alesis QSR, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Novation Mininova, Yamaha Reface DX, Marshall JMP-1, Boss GX-700, Oberheim GM 400, mostly Yamaha guitars apart from a Fender Telecaster.  Oh, and lots of cables.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
The Rev2 essentially becomes a controller that can expand your palette with waveforms modeled from other hardware synths and you get to utilise more than 1 effect per layer for the Rev2 etc.

It's like a Soundtower Editor on Steroids with the auto-switchable menu, but digital output from the software. Expanding the possibilities of the Rev2 imo.
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live