Slave thru mode with Beatstep Pro

Slave thru mode with Beatstep Pro
« on: August 28, 2018, 09:33:16 AM »
Hi -

I can easily sync my Beatstep Pro when the Pro2 is the master. If I try to sync the Pro2 as slave from my DAW ("Slave thru" mode), the Pro2 sequencer starts and stops correctly but the Beatstep does nothing. I verified that the MIDI out of the Pro2 sends clock events so it might be a Beatstep problem.

Anyone tried this successful (syncing the Beatstep Pro via "Slave thru")?

Thanks,
Hans

Re: Slave thru mode with Beatstep Pro
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »
Are you receiving MIDI from your computer via USB? Note that our instruments don't act as USB to MIDI converters, so you can't take in MIDI via USB and pass it to the hardware MIDI Thru port.

If you're receiving MIDI from the computer via the MIDI IN port, make sure you have the MIDI PORT 2 THRU/OUT global set to THRU.

Hope this helps!
SEQUENTIAL

Re: Slave thru mode with Beatstep Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:25:16 AM »
Are you receiving MIDI from your computer via USB? Note that our instruments don't act as USB to MIDI converters, so you can't take in MIDI via USB and pass it to the hardware MIDI Thru port.

If you're receiving MIDI from the computer via the MIDI IN port, make sure you have the MIDI PORT 2 THRU/OUT global set to THRU.

Hope this helps!
Already tried this but it didn't work. Meanwhile I solved the problem: From the DAW I go into the Beatstep, then into the synths which must be sequenced and/or synced and last into the Pro2. Works fine :)

Thanks,
Hans