Nyborg-12 AnalogueSolutions

MPM

Nyborg-12 AnalogueSolutions
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:25:26 AM »
Is anyone using one of these?
It has the SEM-like filter and mods for the patches I need, but I’d like anyone’s opinion on its sound.

Is it a weak SEM impersonator, or does it have the presence to stand out with the OB6?

I want to run some mono arpeggios and sequences, but can’t afford to lose any polyphony on my keyboard. Nor can I afford another OB6 just for mono rhythm duties.
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

Re: Nyborg-12 AnalogueSolutions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:01:19 AM »
Is anyone using one of these?
It has the SEM-like filter and mods for the patches I need, but I’d like anyone’s opinion on its sound.

Is it a weak SEM impersonator, or does it have the presence to stand out with the OB6?

I want to run some mono arpeggios and sequences, but can’t afford to lose any polyphony on my keyboard. Nor can I afford another OB6 just for mono rhythm duties.

hi, i use a Nyborg-12 and i think its a very good sounding module. its really not "a weak SEM impersonator". you could check the vids of Tom Carpenter, the founder of ASol. the Nyborg. Of course it sounds a bit different than a 40 years old Oberheim SEM module, especially in the overtones. but the additional functions are considerable (ring mod and filter boost). and the feel is also very exemplary. I can only recommend the modules.