How to adjust sequencer playback volume

How to adjust sequencer playback volume
« on: August 26, 2018, 09:37:46 PM »
I recorded a sequence but it appears to be controlled by the master volume meaning if I turn it up I cannot hear any notes I play from the keyboard played with the sequence.   Anyway to set they volume for master and sequenced volume separately.  If not this is a deal breaker. Also any way to save a sequence other than as part of the patch???? In other words ro have a sequence that can be used for all patches or multiple sequences for one patch?? Thanks.  The manual is very lacking. 

Re: How to adjust sequencer playback volume
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:39:30 AM »
Anyone???

jg666

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:10:24 AM »
I don’t understand what you mean about the volumes.

The sequences are saved against the current patch so if you want to use it for a different patch you need to save the same note sequence against that one. To get a different sequence for a particular patch you can save the patch in a user slot with a different name.

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:04:44 AM »
When the sequencer is running either with recorded sequence or one from patch, the volume does not appear to be independently adjustable from master or program volume.  So when the sequencer is playing it drowns out anything you might play along with it on the keyboard. If i turn up the master volume, the sequenced sound goes up and you cannot hear any  background live playing. I am sure someone on this group has used the sequencer before.

jg666

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 10:41:54 AM »
As far as I know the sequencer plays back at the program volume, so it should be the same volume as the notes you are playing on top.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

maxter

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
I'm not sure I get it, but there is no differentiation between a sequenced "sound" and the sound you play on the keyboard, if you are in the same layer. They're both the same sound, coming from the same source, and I can't think of anytime I've ever heard of any synth being any different in that regard. You could set up a split patch though, and have one layer for sequence and one for playing, that way you could accomplish what I think you're trying to do.

Also, be aware that if you're using only one layer for sequence AND playing, the sequence may steal notes that you hold...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:08:18 PM by maxter »
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 02:13:27 PM »
When the sequencer is running either with recorded sequence or one from patch, the volume does not appear to be independently adjustable from master or program volume.  So when the sequencer is playing it drowns out anything you might play along with it on the keyboard. If i turn up the master volume, the sequenced sound goes up and you cannot hear any  background live playing. I am sure someone on this group has used the sequencer before.

There is no separate volume control for the sequenced notes. You could, however, program the sequenced sound to react to velocity=>amp and then lower the velocity of the sequenced notes. Or as someone else already said use layer A for the Seq and Layer B for the lead or whatever you want to play on top. You can control the volume of the 2 layers independently.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
Thanks. Carson suggested split keyboard to independently control volume of sequence and live notes. I will try this.