Best aftermarket rev2 patches

Best aftermarket rev2 patches
« on: August 26, 2018, 11:24:25 AM »
Looking for some good patches from other vendors. Thanks

Re: Best aftermarket rev2 patches
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 12:21:05 PM »
I have AnalogAudio Prophet Classics. It's good! Lots of fun, usable patches. A fair amount of overlap though (some patches have a unison version, a poly version, another patch that's named differently but sounds similar). I've used and modified around 10 of those patches for my own use.

Also have GeoSynths set. Also fun but far fewer usable sounds for me. There's a lot of variety, but not as many immediately usable BNB sounds. I occasionally twiddle through them but havent used a single patch from it for my own music.

Fwiw, I'd get the AnalogAudio again, but not GeoSynths. But everyone's style's diff and you can hear all the sounds on YT and decide for yourself...

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
When Razmo finishes his pack and gets it up for sale that’ll be worth buying. Check out his work so far in the “Razmo’s gear rant” thread.  https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,58.msg31077/topicseen.html#new
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:07:23 PM by Quatschmacher »

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 03:10:47 PM »
Any link for analog audio...cannot find with google

eXode

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:34:01 PM »
DSI PROPHET REV2 PATCHES | "PROPHET CLASSICS" Soundset by AnalogAudio1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STaHYVmZBi8

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 12:45:37 AM »
I hope the key gets a proper stand for his keyboard after he made some money with these patches.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 08:58:13 AM »
When Razmo finishes his pack and gets it up for sale that’ll be worth buying. Check out his work so far in the “Razmo’s gear rant” thread.  https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,58.msg31077/topicseen.html#new

Did Razmo ever release a soundbank?  Can't really find his "homepage" or anything.

Really want some playable presets; the defaults are fine as a "ooo look what the REV2 can do!" but they're 90% useless for songwriting.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »

Did Razmo ever release a soundbank?  Can't really find his "homepage" or anything.

Really want some playable presets; the defaults are fine as a "ooo look what the REV2 can do!" but they're 90% useless for songwriting.

I do not have a homepage yet... the bank I'm working on are my first release, so nothing else to find out there from me yet :) ... I'll probably set up a homepage when the bank has been released though, and a YouTube channel also... bank should be ready by the end of this week (demo of the bank also later, but there have been made several demo's over the last 6 months from many of the programs). The programs are highly minded towards Ambient and Fantasy music though... not EDM.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 12:34:07 PM »

I do not have a homepage yet... the bank I'm working on are my first release, so nothing else to find out there from me yet :) ... I'll probably set up a homepage when the bank has been released though, and a YouTube channel also... bank should be ready by the end of this week (demo of the bank also later, but there have been made several demo's over the last 6 months from many of the programs). The programs are highly minded towards Ambient and Fantasy music though... not EDM.

Excellent.  I'm looking more for 70s inspired prog/fusion stuff that'll sit nice in the mix.

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 12:56:51 PM »
I have bought REV2 Volume #2 from GEOSynths and I'm very satisfied with it. I didn't like his Set #1 that much, but this one filled some of my needs better. But, as SimpleRabbit said, everyone's needs and expectations are different. Luckily, he has made several videos showing all his patches on YT so you can get a pretty good idea of what you'll get before buying.

Some of the best patches that I use, which means that it suits my needs best for a particular track, I've programmed myself. Sometimes from scratch, sometimes by modifying one if the onboard presets, or even tweaking some of GEOSynth's.

Some of Razmo's patches are indeed very very nice, too. 

EDIT: I'm having a serious look at AnalogAudio1 Classic Prophets too...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:46:17 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

jg666

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
I have bought REV2 Volume #2 from GEOSynths and I'm very satisfied with it. I didn't like his Set #1 that much, but this one filled some of my needs better. But, as SimpleRabbit said, everyone's needs and expectations are different. Luckily, he has made several videos showing all his patches on YT so you can get a pretty good idea of what you'll get before buying.

Some of the best patches that I use, which means that it suits my needs best for a particular track, I've programmed myself. Sometimes from scratch, sometimes by modifying one if the onboard presets, or even tweaking some of GEOSynth's.

Some of Razmo's patches are indeed very very nice, too. 

EDIT: I'm having a serious look at AnalogAudio1 Classic Prophets too...

I have the first pack of GEOSynth and agree that this new second pack seems to be a lot better than the first one :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 09:30:58 PM »
I have AnalogAudio Prophet Classics. It's good! Lots of fun, usable patches. A fair amount of overlap though (some patches have a unison version, a poly version, another patch that's named differently but sounds similar). I've used and modified around 10 of those patches for my own use.

Also have GeoSynths set. Also fun but far fewer usable sounds for me. There's a lot of variety, but not as many immediately usable BNB sounds. I occasionally twiddle through them but havent used a single patch from it for my own music.

Fwiw, I'd get the AnalogAudio again, but not GeoSynths. But everyone's style's diff and you can hear all the sounds on YT and decide for yourself...

Agree 100%. AnalogAudio's Exploring Prophet pack is even better. I usually go through and delete any presets I know I'm never gonna use - I think I kept around 30% of the GEOsynths ones, 40% of the Prophet Classics and nearly all of the Exploring Prophet pack. I think I 'dropped' about 12 patches out of 100 in that pack - seriously impressive.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 09:55:51 AM »
Follow-up, I bought Analog Audio 1 Prophet Classics, and like it very much. Although there are only 100 patches instead of 128.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 06:34:20 AM »
Follow-up, I bought Analog Audio 1 Prophet Classics, and like it very much. Although there are only 100 patches instead of 128.

I don't quite understand this set. You buy a Porche but you want to drive it like a Beetle. I'm waiting for Rezmo's set.

maxter

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 12:14:49 PM »

I don't quite understand this set. You buy a Porche but you want to drive it like a Beetle. I'm waiting for Rezmo's set.

Good point. Prophet Classics is the only one I've bought (so far, probably getting Razmos though) and the patches are not the most complex nor use the Rev2 to it's full potential, imo. But I'd guess there are quite a few Rev2 owners who bought the Rev instead of a Prophet 6 (or 5) because of the price difference, who mainly want to use it like a "Classic Prophet". The name is probably suiting. To each his own, but it wasn't really my cup of tea.
The Way the Truth and the Life

jg666

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »
Don’t forget that there’s also a couple of banks from the Prophet 08 that are available for free :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 01:11:41 PM »

First, it's Porsche, not Porche. Second, it's Razmo, not Rezmo.  ;)  ;D

More seriously, I don't see what is wrong with getting different sets for different needs. I've already got the two sets by GEOSynths, AND I've programmed several patches for myself, which allows me to drive my REV2 like a sports car when I feel like it...  ::)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 01:48:01 PM »
I actually like to have other's sounds around as well as my own... mostly because sound design is like with music... each designer has his or her own character... by having various designers work, you will have a much broader arsenal of sounds... even if the sounds are normally not your musical style, you can rather quickly change them into something more useful simply by tweaking the envelopes a bit, and filter cutoff/resonance... for example; it's relatively easy to create new pads for ambient out of almost anything... just give any sound a long attack and release etc.

Of course you can find programs that are simply poorly created, but in most cases, this is not the case and rather some sounds that fit a genre you are not into... but in most cases I find it nice to have other's sounds for tweaking quickly into something new... of course this require that you know how to change other's sounds of course! :)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 03:20:16 PM »
Thanks for the comments about my 2 Sets (GEOSynths) and agree Set 2 is better than the first set as I decided early on to make sure that all 128 Patches are either a Stack of 2 Layers or Splits with the 2 Layers, plus the odd Unison.  I nearly gave up after doing 30 of them as it was taking a fair amount of time, but I carried on and made a full Bank, which took about 2 Months.  Every Patch I make is from scratch with both Layers to create a complete Patch.

The REV 2 is still essentially a Prophet 08 with some good enhancements and using 2 Layers allows the use of using both FX which I found made a significant difference.  I can't speak for other Sound Designers, but the the Sounds I make have to interest me and am my own worst critic, which I'm sure many of you can relate to, but end of the day it's down to personal taste.

Presets are a bit tricky in that some people hate them, some use them to learn from and others use them as is or tweak, but what I like isn't necessarily the same as you.  I guess I have a certain style and while I have done known Patches or Classic Patches, they aren't really my focus as I want to hear new as well, to keep me interested and end of the day there's probably better Sound Designers out there that cover that side of things than me.

Over the past couple of years, I've done Banks for 10 Polysynths, a number of them with Vol 2 follow ups and am going to have a go at Software, see what I can do with those, with certain ones anyway.  Just recently finished Vol 2 for the Prophet 6 which has been fantastic, which I'll be honest I thought was a good Synth, but not as amazing as the OB6...This time around, I did decided to see what I could push out of it, to find its character, other than recreating Classic Synth Sounds...It's really impressed and surprised means I was going to sell it after doing Vol 2 but have decided to keep it :)

Anyway, I have done some Videos creating Patches from scratch on my YouTube Channel where you can hear my thoughts and see my process which is pretty fluid and some of you may find them useful...or not, but they're there!
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 10:41:53 AM »
Hi All!

I've just released a new 110 Custom Patches for REV2 - for fans of Boards of Canada, Tycho, Tame Impala etc. Created with one layer only - so you can combine them or use in multi-timbral mode.

See the video demo below. And grab the patches here: https://synth-patches.com/rev2/

Tell me what do you think about these sounds :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDzC59SwOfs
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:47:19 AM by Chris Synth-Patches.com »
synth-patches.com