global
 button and press
write
) I lose the sounds created  by me ??

Thx
Davide

Re: New OB-6 BETA OS IS HERE!
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 06:53:53 AM »
You shouldn't, but it's always a good idea to back them up before doing something like this just in case.

Kja

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 07:41:17 PM »
I'm not sure if it's even possible as for as computation but I really think it would be awesome to add envelope slop and the super plate algorithm to the p6/ob6, I think it would increase sales of two already successful synth's and with the one having the black hole reverb it would really give them some legs in the future as well asake it more diverse for us sound designers. That would make my year.. :-[ :'(

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2018, 11:06:50 AM »
+1000 for env slop!

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2018, 11:15:42 AM »
How would they implement envelope slop?

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »
I'm not sure if it's even possible as for as computation but I really think it would be awesome to add envelope slop and the super plate algorithm to the p6/ob6, I think it would increase sales of two already successful synth's and with the one having the black hole reverb it would really give them some legs in the future as well asake it more diverse for us sound designers. That would make my year.. :-[ :'(

Yup envelope slop, long requested myself as well and it FITS with the theme of the synth(very obish too, would bring out even more of that character that people crave)

Everyone asked for another LFO and we know that's NOT going to happen..... so what I would like to request is:

Simple motion sequence recording on the sequencer.  You cannot see values for note's velocity(simple recording) because of no display, implement this same philosophy for recording motion for up to 4 lanes....hell I'd be happy with 2.

and as long as you don't use note values, have the motion sequencing be able to be used with the ARP.

This is a workaround for folks who want more mods and it keeps everything in the design philosophy.

All that said, I sincerely appreciate the current feature additions.  Thank you very much!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:50:06 AM by John01W »

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2018, 01:42:27 PM »
One other thing dreadfully missing is the ability to set different modulation levels for each destination in the LFO section (by holding down the destination button whilst turning the Amount knob for example). But that's another thing that is probably NOT going to happen either. 
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2018, 07:39:12 PM »
One other thing dreadfully missing is the ability to set different modulation levels for each destination in the LFO section (by holding down the destination button whilst turning the Amount knob for example). But that's another thing that is probably NOT going to happen either.

I've made this very request myself(pretty much word for word actually lol).  It seems like there's common themes to what users think would bring out the best in this synth.  IMO, they should milk the OB-6/P6 for all they're worth...they're already modern day classics IMO....going toe to toe with modern anapolys many more times their price.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 07:41:18 PM by John01W »

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2019, 05:00:38 PM »

My guess is that in the hardware, they only have one CV channel that gets distributed, otherwise it would be brain dead to not include individual 'Amount' settings. They would need to have separate drivers with programmable gain for each destination. This is a reason why the best modulars have multiple outs for LFOs and other signal sources.
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2019, 10:54:50 PM »
Before I got my ob6 I’d read they had finally decided to put beat sync into the arpeggiator , like most great synths had or have... certainly the ones with the most fun and usable arps such as the Juno 60.

However , while it does kind of work it still doesn’t work properly. It repeats or restarts when you change, so while the change is delayed until the beat (cool and fun) the arp pattern itself, esp for the up/down classic Juno style is messed up so you still can’t quite use it as you’d want.

All anyone has to do is compare a typical Roland arp to the dis stuff to find this flaw. Would be great if they tweaked the code to cut out the restart on change it just doesn’t flow like classic Roland arps do and makes beat sync a little less effective.
Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 08:10:09 AM »
Hmmm, are we ever going to get out of the beta stage for this one?

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2019, 11:07:29 AM »
Hmmm, are we ever going to get out of the beta stage for this one?

Hopefully/maybe they're adding more stuff and polishing up what they already put in.  Been watching it too and checking in.

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2019, 04:00:28 PM »
Before I got my ob6 I’d read they had finally decided to put beat sync into the arpeggiator , like most great synths had or have... certainly the ones with the most fun and usable arps such as the Juno 60.
I haven't really thought to use it with the arpeggiator...have you tried setting up the OB-6 as the master clock?
With the sequencer, I have found it to work well enough to read out a sequence into my DAW, which is sufficient (I haven't ever used the OB-6 for live performance of Arp and Seq as it is less fluid than either of my outboard sequencers (Keystep and Beatstep Pro) which are set up for this type of programming...
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2019, 10:23:24 PM »
Envelope slope would be nice! :)

Re: New OB-6 OS IS HERE!
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2019, 07:58:03 AM »
Thanks. But I've noticed on my OB6 Desktop that some of the LEDs are having brightness problems since doing the upgrade. Mainly all the small ones (for the LFO waveforms, PW 1 and 2, Effects A and B, and Clock values from Half to 16th S) are all dim. Whereas the Clock 16th T and 32nd as well as Arpeggiator Octaves 1,2 and 3 and Mode Up through Assign are all normal brightness.

I've done the update twice, to make sure it wasn't a transfer glitch. Curiously, the behavior of the panel just after the transfer was finished, and just before the synth restarted itself, was different both times. The first time it looked like it was frozen, but the second time around there was a count down displayed in one of the windows on top (can't remember which one).

I've also done a Globals reset.

Has anyone else noticed some LEDs brightness inconsistencies after upgrading ?

EDIT: I've reverted back to 1.2.0 and all the LEDs are all back to equal brightness, so it's definitely something in the latest 1.3.7 messing up some LEDs brightness.

I’m having the same LED issue you mentioned. My unit is brand new as of 10/11/19. OS 1.5.5. Even updated OS again but still have a particular LED window that one of the “dash” indicators doesn’t always light up on certain numbers but does on others. It will also fade in/out. So it’s not burnt out just intermittent. Other LED are inconsistent in brightness. I guess no resolve at this time?

Thanks,
Matthew
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:00:58 AM by Rimshot1971 »

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »

I’m having the same LED issue you mentioned. My unit is brand new as of 10/11/19. OS 1.5.5. Even updated OS again but still have a particular LED window that one of the “dash” indicators doesn’t always light up on certain numbers but does on others. It will also fade in/out. So it’s not burnt out just intermittent. Other LED are inconsistent in brightness. I guess no resolve at this time?

Thanks,
Matthew

Hello there Matthew. At the time, I was even sent a few extra, non-published beta, OS versions from DSI to see if the LED problem was corrected, but to no avail. They finally gave up on it, and told me that some units might not have the exact same hardware in them as others, so that it might not be possible to ever fix the issue. So I elected to stay with OS 1.2.0 my unit came with, which works fine and which lights up all the LEDs evenly.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »

Thanks,
Matthew

Hello there Matthew. At the time, I was even sent a few extra, non-published beta, OS versions from DSI to see if the LED problem was corrected, but to no avail. They finally gave up on it, and told me that some units might not have the exact same hardware in them as others, so that it might not be possible to ever fix the issue. So I elected to stay with OS 1.2.0 my unit came with, which works fine and which lights up all the LEDs evenly.

Would you happen to have a copy of that OS, 1.2.0 to try? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks so much for the reply.

mgrisham71@gmail.com

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
Would you happen to have a copy of that OS, 1.2.0 to try? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks so much for the reply.
mgrisham71@gmail.com
Here you go...