New OB-6 BETA OS IS HERE!

u

Re: New OB-6 OS IS HERE!
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
Hi all (for Info),
I tried to update OB6keys to 1.3.7 which worked (with all known and mentioned bugs)
I tried to update to 1.4.1 - countdown and auto-power-off and on, but still 1.3.7. (Global+Save)
I tried to go backwards to 1.2.0 - countdown and auto-power-off and on, but still 1.3.7.  (Global+Save)
Sound on all Outputs.
I did it with Win7-32, latest MIDIOX.
Can't fix it - support ist contacted.

PS: The update of the P6m to 1.5.4 worked fine.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:34:58 AM by u »

Re: New OB-6 OS IS HERE!
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
Issues I've reported to Sequential on this update. The listed buttons trigger the following LEDs in a DIM fashion:
PW1 on Xmod -> VCO2 on Aftertouch
Filter Freq on Xmod -> Shape 1 on Xmod
VCO1 on Aftertouch -> Filter Freq on LFO
Shape 1 on X-mod -> Amp on LFO
Pulse width 1 on LFO -> Filter mode on Xmod
Pulse width 2 on LFO -> Filter Freq on Xmod
Keyboard on VCO2 -> VCO1 on Aftertouch
Half on arp -> 8th T on arp
QTR on arp -> 16th on arp
8th D on arp -> 16th S on arp
8th on arp -> 16th T on arp
8th S on arp -> 32nd on arp
LFO Shape Sine -> Pulse Width 1 on LFO
LFO Shape Sawtooth -> Pulse Width 2 on LFO
LFO Shape Rev Saw -> Norm-BP on Xmod
LFO Shape square -> LFO Shape sine
LFO Shape Random -> LFO Shape sawtooth
Portamento Button -> LFO amount on Aftertouch
Hold button -> VCO1 on LFO
Effect on -> Button 9
CLK Sync -> Write button
Arpeggiator UP -> Filter BP
Arpeggiator Octave 1 -> Loudness envelope velocity
Arpeggiator Octave 2 -> Filter Envelope velocity
Manual button -> Button 4 + Norm-BP on Xmod

Other issues:
Loudness on Aftertouch is blinking to the tap tempo rate
8th D on arp is constantly lit
Arpeggiator Octave 1 is always lit

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:11:44 PM by extempo »

u

Re: New OB-6 BETA OS IS HERE!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »
Hi all,
the problem "no update possible" is solved thanks to the friendly customer support at DSI / Sequential.
After that experience I tried 1.4.1 and returned back to 1.2.0.
I will wait for the offical new version - thanks a lot to all testers.

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »
Hi all,
the problem "no update possible" is solved thanks to the friendly customer support at DSI / Sequential.
After that experience I tried 1.4.1 and returned back to 1.2.0.
I will wait for the offical new version - thanks a lot to all testers.

I feel ya, sounded scary there.  I'm anxiously waiting, and I too appreciate all the testers.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 11:01:13 PM »
Tried the latest beta 1.4.9 firmware version. Still a slight problem with some LEDs brightness inconsistencies in the Clock section subdivisions (16th and 32nd very slightly brighter than all others). Moreover, the encoders are now jumpy as hell (compared to 1.4.1 or even 1.2.0). Oh, and the OB6 did not reboot itself after the update, so I had to power-cycle it. 

Reverted back to 1.2.0 once again, until a 100% working firmware becomes available.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 12:25:01 AM »
Tried the latest beta 1.4.9 firmware version. Still a slight problem with some LEDs brightness inconsistencies in the Clock section subdivisions (16th and 32nd very slightly brighter than all others). Moreover, the encoders are now jumpy as hell (compared to 1.4.1 or even 1.2.0). Oh, and the OB6 did not reboot itself after the update, so I had to power-cycle it. 

Reverted back to 1.2.0 once again, until a 100% working firmware becomes available.

Thanks for the update, I'm watching intently(as I suspect many others are too).  It will all be ironed out before too long.

To all at Sequential:  Sincerest thanks for the update/new features ;D 

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
It will all be ironed out before too long.

Of course it goes without saying, but perhaps I should have said it anyway ?  ;)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 11:23:47 AM »
It will all be ironed out before too long.

Of course it goes without saying, but perhaps I should have said it anyway ?  ;)

I didn't mean it like that  ;D, I just appreciate the update, and appreciate you giving reports too(TY)

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 03:02:47 PM »

Did you report this to support? Not sure they check here.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »

Hello Alain,

I sent you an email through our technical support system yesterday.  Have you received the email?  I sent you an OB-6 OS with some LED tweaks which we would appreciate you testing in regards to the LED issues you noted on the 1.4.9 OS.  Let me know whether you did not receive the email so I can send it again.

Thanks!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2018, 10:17:07 AM »

Hello Alain,

I sent you an email through our technical support system yesterday.  Have you received the email?  I sent you an OB-6 OS with some LED tweaks which we would appreciate you testing in regards to the LED issues you noted on the 1.4.9 OS.  Let me know whether you did not receive the email so I can send it again.

Thanks!

Hello Carson. I've tried to reply to you via personal messages here on the forum, but when I sent it, it was marked as "blocked by cbmd" ??

Anyway, I didn't receive anything other than a notice that I had a personal message from you waiting for me on the forum.

I've checked the spam folder too, and nothing there either.

I'd be glad to help out any way I can.
Did you use this address: hubertalain@hotmail.com

It's my public email address.

Thanks.

Alain.

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »
Oh yeah, I have my account set to have PMs off.  Sorry about that.  I'll forward my the email with the OS for you to try shortly.

Thanks for the reply!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2018, 11:43:16 PM »
Can I update from 1.20 directly to 1.49? Does the latest update always include all the updates inbetween as well?

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 05:56:10 AM »
Can I update from 1.20 directly to 1.49? Does the latest update always include all the updates inbetween as well?

Yes. It's a complete OS, not just a partial update.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 10:20:57 PM »
I just updated from 1.2.0 (got it new very recently) to 1.4.9 and all is good, as far as I can tell.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2018, 02:34:09 PM »
I'm still on 1.2.0 and have had zero problems with my machine. What am I missing out on in the latest OS? With people having problems with the new updates, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

I just updated from 1.2.0 (got it new very recently) to 1.4.9 and all is good, as far as I can tell.

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2018, 03:46:28 PM »
I'm still on 1.2.0 and have had zero problems with my machine. What am I missing out on in the latest OS? With people having problems with the new updates, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.

It's a substantial update with new features and bugfixes.  It's a beta right now, so it's not the end version.

Copied from the link at the top of the OB-6 forum:

Feature: New Global Param: Arp Beat Sync On/Off. Global row 2 number 9
    Feature: MIDI Out for the Arp/Sequencer - Param Xmit Global options CAS (CC + MIDI Out for arp/seq) and nAS (NRPN + MIDI Out for arp/seq)
    Feature: Sequencer now transposes from keyboard/MIDI notes on UNISON patches
    Fixed bug: Improved Polychain implementation and fixed bugs
    Fixed bug: Various small bug fixes

It's an awesome update with some features OB-6 users have been asking for for a long time!  Sequencer transpose, arp beat sync  and more....Sequential has delivered.

Since it's a beta it's not the final version....just weeding out any bugs before final release.  Still got time to add envelope slop( lol ;)  Seriously though, I'm very thankful to the DSI/Sequential team for this update....thanks:)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:50:21 PM by John01W »

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »
Thank you for the rundown! The new arp/sequencer functions sound right up my alley.

It's a substantial update with new features and bugfixes.  It's a beta right now, so it's not the end version.

Feature: MIDI Out for the Arp/Sequencer - Param Xmit Global options CAS (CC + MIDI Out for arp/seq) and nAS (NRPN + MIDI Out for arp/seq)

It's an awesome update with some features OB-6 users have been asking for for a long time!  Sequencer transpose, arp beat sync  and more....Sequential has delivered.

Since it's a beta it's not the final version....just weeding out any bugs before final release.  Still got time to add envelope slop( lol ;)  Seriously though, I'm very thankful to the DSI/Sequential team for this update....thanks:)

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »
Thank you for the rundown! The new arp/sequencer functions sound right up my alley.

Yes it's awesome....the arp is going to be so much more fun now, and the sequencer transpose is one folks have been asking for a long time, I'm excited to try it out myself!

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
Anyone know why this is still Beta? I saw some comments about meaningful bugs in 1.4.9 and have not seen any further info. I'm also very excited to get the Sequencer and Arp upgrades. Anybody have real problems with 1.4.9 besides LEDs?
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments