A couple of questions about the new update

Sarah

A couple of questions about the new update
« on: August 22, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »
Firstly, thanks for the update! Just wondering about a couple of things..

Now that the sequencer can send CV gates, does this mean that two separate sequences can be sent to the CV outs for playback on two different analog synths? So I could be sequencing my O Coast and my Moog at the same time (playing different sequences)?

I’m also wondering about the FM amount for linear FM. I have read that you have improved the modulation range for exponential FM in the latest beta, so that mod slots don’t need to be used for increasing the range. Does this apply to linear FM too? If not, just wondering why that would be?

If anyone could answer these questions I’d be really grateful. I’m looking forward to updating but wanted to wait until the initial bugs have been ironed out.

Thank you for this awesome update and for continuing to develop this amazing synth 😍😍

Re: A couple of questions about the new update
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:28:47 AM »
I was able to send it to different synths :) you can also send different sequencer tracks to the same synth (i used midi destination for this) to create polyphony (if you are sending to a polysynth that is).

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:25:23 AM »
I was able to send it to different synths :) you can also send different sequencer tracks to the same synth (i used midi destination for this) to create polyphony (if you are sending to a polysynth that is).

Can you send a paraphonic sequence and have it play back on a connected polysynth?

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 05:53:13 AM »
You can, but its important to know how the paraphonic sequencer works.

When in paraphonic mode, the sequencer makes track 1,2,3 and 4 into note tracks. So when you are recording paraphonic it is actually inputting individual notes to those 4 tracks. So each track has a line of individual notes. When the sequencer plays it plays those tracks at the same time so you hear it as multiple notes at the same time.

So if you want to send polyphony from the pro 2, you have to send individual tracks to the same destination.

Does it make sense?

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 08:26:58 AM »
You can, but its important to know how the paraphonic sequencer works.

When in paraphonic mode, the sequencer makes track 1,2,3 and 4 into note tracks. So when you are recording paraphonic it is actually inputting individual notes to those 4 tracks. So each track has a line of individual notes. When the sequencer plays it plays those tracks at the same time so you hear it as multiple notes at the same time.

So if you want to send polyphony from the pro 2, you have to send individual tracks to the same destination.

Does it make sense?

Yes. Does that mean you’d need to use all 4 CV outs (and 4 CV inputs on the target synth)? Or can this be sent over MIDI?

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:03:10 AM »
thanks for comments so far on the sequencer.

Can anyone confirm whether the FM modulation works at full range for linear FM as well as exponential?

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 08:59:11 AM »
You get the full mod range from a single mod slot with both Linear and Exponential FM.
SEQUENTIAL