DSI Pro 2 - Chassis Flex

DSI Pro 2 - Chassis Flex
« on: August 20, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about purchasing a DSI Pro 2 and would like to know more about its build quality, specifically if it has chassis flex as the OB6 and P6 do:

With the synth placed on a flat surface, if you lift it slightly, just holding it from the lower right corner with one hand, does it flex and creak?

Does the same happen when lifting it from the lower left corner? Does it make any noise?

Please let me know if this happens with your own DSI Pro 2,

Thanks very much!

Re: DSI Pro 2 - Chassis Flex
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »
just lifted mine at the bottom right corner and it creaked nothing from the left hand side.how in the last two years have I never noticed, if I where you I wouldn't buy one.I keep mine though, hopefully it will last a few more years.
Rev2, Pro2, Tempest

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:33 PM »
A little flex in the chassis is completely normal for the Pro2, as well as all of our synths. Rest assured that it's perfectly sound structurally, however, and is built to last a long time. The chassis is made of sheet metal, and will flex a bit, especially if you try to lift it from a corner. There is nothing abnormal or wrong in this regard. I hope this helps!
SEQUENTIAL

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
just lifted mine at the bottom right corner and it creaked nothing from the left hand side.how in the last two years have I never noticed, if I where you I wouldn't buy one.I keep mine though, hopefully it will last a few more years.

Honestly why would you even think about it?
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 04:04:02 PM »
The Prophet 5 is literally 40 years old and the chassis is built in the same fashion. Given that nearly every Prophet 5 ever made is still in operation today, I'm confident in saying this is a non-issue.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM