Is there a way to have legato in the prophet rev 2?

Is there a way to have legato in the prophet rev 2?
« on: August 05, 2023, 02:10:14 AM »
I feel a bit ashamed to ask such a basic question, but it's been days that I am not really able to find how can I do a kind of legato for the prophet Rev 2. To add some context, I have in mind a kind of pluck sound with ARP activated, and the filter envelope slowly opens and close for the entire sound (the arp sequence), not by note played.

I could manually do it while playing or add automation from my DAW, or even just add an extra filter once the sound is recorded to do exactly that on my computer, but I am wondering if it is possible to set that from the rev 2 itself. I read somewhere that with glide activated you can get the legato, but for me at least that didn't work... I could not find any info in the manual either.

Many thanks in advance  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 02:45:17 AM by Insert Values »

Re: Is there a way to have legato in the prophet rev 2?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 06:44:55 AM »
Have a look at sequencer mode No Gate

"No Gate: In this mode, the envelopes respond to the keyboard/received
MIDI notes, and not by each advancing sequencer step. This mode is great
for complex parameter modulation of sounds with long envelope contours,
such as pad sounds. Each new key press/received MIDI note starts the
sequence for that key/note at step one."

Sp holding keys for a chord it will trigger envelopes then, but not each sequencer step.

But not sure this goes for Arp as well. Maybe what you want can be done with gated sequencer.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 06:58:34 AM by Autosynther »

Re: Is there a way to have legato in the prophet rev 2?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 07:35:59 AM »
Unfortunately, that did not work. If I add Unison and the ARP mode, I can make the filter envelope open until the amount (needs to set lastR option as a key mode), but not decay and sustain do not react and the filter is not closed then.