The REV2 is a deep and VERY capable synth

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: The REV2 is a deep and VERY capable synth
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2019, 02:39:38 PM »
I'm working on a few percussion sounds for the bank right now... this one is called "Tanari Timbale" ... it's only REV2... and it does not even use a reverb, just a distortion and chorus FX.

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/TanariTimbale.mp3

If you need me, follow the shadows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2019, 10:01:55 AM »
A new program... this time a bell-sound called "Glockenspieler" ... I'm certain that a lot of very nice bell sounds can be made with the REV2 ... especially because of the dual layer architecture... one layer does the "striking" transient while the other layer does the tone itself... I've done this with two sounds now, and those are the absolute best of my bellsounds I feel...

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Glockenspieler.mp3

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
Four of my String sounds from the bank: http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Strings.mp3

A tiny bit of ValhallaDSP Übermod on top...

1. Dark Lord
2. Judgement Day
3. King's Return
4. Revelations

« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2019, 05:39:19 PM »
Razmo great stuff!!!  If you wouldn't mind sharing how you came about the Ambiano sound I am somewhat new to synths and would like to construct similar sounds on my Rev 2 :)

« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2019, 06:28:27 AM »

1. Dark Lord
2. Judgement Day
3. King's Return
4. Revelations

I like them all but Dark Lord top notch. It is my future replacement for Vox Humana (if we'll ever get those patches ;-) ).

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2019, 07:43:43 AM »
Razmo great stuff!!!  If you wouldn't mind sharing how you came about the Ambiano sound I am somewhat new to synths and would like to construct similar sounds on my Rev 2 :)

Oh... it's actually a bit hard to explain it because it takes hundreds of minute adjustment before I'm satisfied with a program, and I'd not be able to recreate it 100% if I lost it... but I can say as much, that some of the resonant boxy effect comes from the FX HiPass filter being mixed in at 50/50% and with the right parameters adjusted until it works... I use that trick for a lot of the more organic timbres like strings and keyboards... but also just the right oscillator shapes for both oscillators has a big impact... it all matters... also, I often route the envelopes back to their own decay and release parameters, to get the envelopes more snappy which is useful for strings, keys and bells... also, if you want to get the most timbres, be prepared to use AudioMod... i use it constantly on almost every patch... without it you'd not have any programs like Ambiano, or any other bell or string sounds... but AudioMod is very delicate, and it can quickly sound out of tune between the voices if you do not know how to use it... the best answer i can give is probably EXPERIMENT AWAY... that's the way I got deep into the REV2 sound design :) ... otherwise, I'd have to suggest you get the soundbank when it's released early in the following week... and maybe take one of the programs you like, and change it a bit... that's a great way to learn.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2019, 07:49:05 AM »

1. Dark Lord
2. Judgement Day
3. King's Return
4. Revelations

I like them all but Dark Lord top notch. It is my future replacement for Vox Humana (if we'll ever get those patches ;-) ).

Thanks for the compliments... and you can rest assured, that this bank will be out... I'm finishing the last four programs tonight, and will spend 1-2 days doing touch up on the sounds... so I'd say that it'll probably be around Thursday I'll release it... so stay tuned :)

I know I said "first week of January"... but the holidays slowed me down unfortunately... and I'd rather finish them properly, than just throw them out half-polished :)

besides... 33 EURO's or 38 US DOLLAR will be the price for the soundbank... that's about the average of what others sell their REV2 banks for... i know that it's time people would begin asking anyway :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2019, 08:18:09 AM »

1. Dark Lord
2. Judgement Day
3. King's Return
4. Revelations

BTW. thank you for mentioning Vox Humana... i had to research what it was, and it seems to be a preset on a Memorymoog :) ... Dark Lord is not bright enough to get close to that stringer-sound, but I tweaked it so that the Pedal/ModWheel can now raise the cutoff enough to make it just as bright... that also allow for some expressive swelling performances using the pedal/modwheel giving it a more cinematic flavor if wanted :)

jok3r

« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2019, 09:33:02 AM »
A new program... this time a bell-sound called "Glockenspieler" ... I'm certain that a lot of very nice bell sounds can be made with the REV2 ... especially because of the dual layer architecture... one layer does the "striking" transient while the other layer does the tone itself... I've done this with two sounds now, and those are the absolute best of my bellsounds I feel...

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Glockenspieler.mp3
I like the Game of Thrones theme very much with your sound ;-)
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
Razmo, your sounds are really good  ;)
Count on me to purchase your soundbank as soon as you release it  ;D

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2019, 06:05:47 AM »
I'm finished with the bank as of today... two more days of final touch up, and it's good to go :) ... it will be released on Wednesday.

Here is one of the later Pad sounds called "Melancholia": http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Melancholia.mp3

Some external reverb was added, otherwise just REV... of course...

« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2019, 08:03:15 AM »

1. Dark Lord
2. Judgement Day
3. King's Return
4. Revelations

BTW. thank you for mentioning Vox Humana... i had to research what it was, and it seems to be a preset on a Memorymoog :) ... Dark Lord is not bright enough to get close to that stringer-sound, but I tweaked it so that the Pedal/ModWheel can now raise the cutoff enough to make it just as bright... that also allow for some expressive swelling performances using the pedal/modwheel giving it a more cinematic flavor if wanted :)

Vox Humana is actually from the PolyMoog and heavily used by Gary Numan. He uses Omnisphere these days but I like the sound of the original the most. Your Dark Lord comes very close if you open the filter a bit.
I'm very excited that you will release this bank very soon.

« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »
I’ve been waiting to buy this, I’ll be a day one purchaser for sure!

« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2019, 12:52:26 AM »
I'm finished with the bank as of today... two more days of final touch up, and it's good to go :) ... it will be released on Wednesday.

Here is one of the later Pad sounds called "Melancholia": http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Melancholia.mp3

Can't wait! HAve a feeling it will be like getting a new synth again!
What bank will this be added to?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2019, 02:42:40 AM »

I'll provide it for any bank, even the factory ones, so do not worry about that 🙂 the file will include eight files, one for loading into each bank number. I'll include a document that list the programs as well, but a more in depth document with explanation on modulation controls etc. Will be posted in this forum later when it has been finished... A full YouTube demo will also be made later.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »
I'll have to crawl to the cross... I simply cannot have the bank ready today... I'm only half way thru the touch-up on the programs and I simply will not release something I'm not 100% into... so please... I'm sorry, and please excuse me for delaying the release until sunday afternoon... I'm not home thursday and friday, so I need the weekend to finish the bank completely... I hope you understand :)

Gomjab

« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
I'll have to crawl to the cross... I simply cannot have the bank ready today... I'm only half way thru the touch-up on the programs and I simply will not release something I'm not 100% into... so please... I'm sorry, and please excuse me for delaying the release until sunday afternoon... I'm not home thursday and friday, so I need the weekend to finish the bank completely... I hope you understand :)

Makes me think of this very old commercial.

:D

« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2019, 02:59:10 AM »
Yes, almost there.
Go Razmo, go.
Can't wait to try this bank.

DiScO

« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:41 AM »
Well this has cheered my January up! Cracking sounds Razmo can't wait to take them for a spin!

Cheers.

« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2019, 11:19:47 AM »

I'll provide it for any bank, even the factory ones, so do not worry about that 🙂 the file will include eight files, one for loading into each bank number. I'll include a document that list the programs as well, but a more in depth document with explanation on modulation controls etc. Will be posted in this forum later when it has been finished... A full YouTube demo will also be made later.

Legend!