The REV2 is a deep and VERY capable synth

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: The REV2 is a deep and VERY capable synth
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2018, 04:26:13 AM »
http://razmo.ziphoid.com/VariousSounds.mp3

here is a demo of various sounds that I believe have not been posted before... maybe one or two have, but may have been slightly altered... some new sounds in there as well. Ambient, Strings, effects, plucked strings, choir... a bit of everything... some may need further editing... 100% REV2, no external FX.

"Atlantis Rising"
"Aeuphoria"
"Little Mermaid"
"Velvet Brass"
"Inharmonic Bell"
"Metal Bell"
"Rusty Bell"
"Temporal Stasis"
"Hobbit Piano"
"Golden Dragon"
"Horizon String"
"Ice Harp"
"Pulsing Quasar"
"Tiny Sequencer"
"Boiling Blood"
"Explosions"
"Kings Return!"
"Angel Choir"
"Highland Winds"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:38:43 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
Noice!!!
Really looking forward to buy the complete soundbank.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2018, 07:28:47 AM »
http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Divinity.mp3

New program "Divinity" today... I need a few more PAD sounds in the bank, so that is what I've been focusing on today.

I've got many different categories in my bank that may be considered "PADS", simply because they have slow attack and release times, but I have divided them into several categories:

PAD: A sound that is generally non-motional, and meant to be played in chords... unobtrusive material for background filling. usually warm and fluffy.

AMB: A sound that has lots of motion to it... meant to be partially played in slower melody-lines and has strong sense of space and mood (or should be dipped heavily in e(x)ternal reverb).

STR: A sound that resembles a bright stringy sound. More present, has character.

DRO: A sound meant to be played continuously without pitch changes after a chord has been initiated. Usually dark and sinister in character or a sense of suspense.

VOC: A sound that has choir/formant like character... can be considered a "PAD" as well, but choir sounds are usually quite unique and moody, so they get their own category name in my bank.

...this is, by the way, program number 100 ... 28 to go still :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:34:29 AM by Razmo »

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
Wowzyz Razzy, that is a sweet ass pad I love the movement/humming about halfway through the clip!!  Rad
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
New FX sound... a weird one I called "Pika Critters"... weird and crazy FX sounds are always useful in Ambient music :)

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/PikaCritters.mp3

May still need to do some editing...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2018, 08:40:20 AM »
http://razmo.ziphoid.com/PumpkinFields.mp3

This sound just suddenly popped out while I was doing something else... sounded so much like a famous Mellotron sound that I gave it the name "Pumpkin Fields"  ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:41:55 AM by Razmo »

« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2018, 09:26:14 AM »
Cool :D

Razmo!! Youneed to get a prophet 12 and make some nice patches with it!! The p12 community needs you :D

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »
Cool :D

Razmo!! Youneed to get a prophet 12 and make some nice patches with it!! The p12 community needs you :D

yeah... I'm sad I sold my P12 back then actually... it's on the list as the next purchase unless DSI show up at NAMM with it's successor... might still get a P12 though if it's successor lack some of the Prophet 12 functionality. we'll just have to wait and see... right now the next focus will be my new Tempest :)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2018, 08:06:38 AM »
Working on a program inspired by Jarre's "Waiting for Cousteau" ...

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/WaitingForMe.mp3

called it "Waiting for Me" ... it has some external reverb on it, otherwise just REV2 :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:06:53 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #209 on: December 26, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
Jesus... I hate when you sit and mess with a sound for hours, only to come back to it later and realize it does not sound anywhere near what you thought it did before leaving it  :o

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/BaadSound.mp3

It was originally a sound intended to sound like some kind of "digital jungle" with frogs... now that I listen again, it sound more like someone having a bad stomach in blip-land  ::)

I think it is so hillarious I'll let it stay in the bank nonetheless... maybe someone might need a digital jungle circuit with a bad stomach  :-X

It's all 100% REV2 ... by the way... if that makes anything better  ???
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 01:39:17 PM by Razmo »

« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »
Jesus... I hate when you sit and mess with a sound for hours, only to come back to it later and realize it does not sound anywhere near what you thought it did before leaving it  :o

It was originally a sound intended to sound like some kind of "digital jungle" with frogs... now that I listen again, it sound more like someone having a bad stomach in blip-land  ::)

I think it is so hillarious I'll let it stay in the bank nonetheless... maybe someone might need a digital jungle circuit with a bad stomach  :-X

That totally needs to stay in the bank, it’s making me laugh so much. If robots had gastric problems... “Fartificial Intelligence”?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #211 on: December 27, 2018, 04:48:51 AM »

That totally needs to stay in the bank, it’s making me laugh so much. If robots had gastric problems... “Fartificial Intelligence”?

I already named the program "REV2 Diarrhea"  ::)

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2018, 06:09:41 AM »
http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Ambiano.mp3

A new program called "Ambiano" ... it's a weird hybrid that sounds like some kind of electric piano if played very softly, but as velocity is increased, it takes on the tone of a piano... it's a very playable instrument to get expressive with.

100% REV2, no external FX added... there is a bit of distortion on a high note in the demo... it's not a part of the instrument, It is just a very loud instrument, and it clipped my soundcard :)

This is also something I struggled with to begin with... getting high levels, but I've learned what causes the low ouputs and know how to program around it... most programs is at about -18dB and hotter, rarely below that (which also happen to be the optimum recording level according to what I've read on the net... I do not tend to lower the volume on any of my programs because I prefer to have them as hot as possible to get the best signal to noise ratio... if a user want it lowered they can do so easily themselves (is my philosophy).

By the way... this Ambiano program is in essence a 16 voice program... but it uses Layer B (as many of my other programs do too) to create the reverb. I often do this with programs that do not need 16voice polyphony for most tasks. The reason is that in many programs, I usually use the HiPass filter on the main sound to induce a kind of "resonant character" to the sound (50/50%) ... thus I have no FX slot available to do the reverb.

It does come with an advantage to put the reverb in layer B... one of the things that the REV2 reverb is lacking is the ability to modulate the input signal to the FX... I often just copy the main program on layer A to layer B, then set the FX to "reverb" and the mix to 100% wet, and then adjust the main volume of layer B to get the ratio I want... this will not do much anything else than just work as an extra FX on layer A... but if you think cleverly, you can make an advantage here. I often put a bit of vibrato on the B layer sound... this works exactly as if the reverb had a built in vibrato modulation... this makes the reverb tail much much denser... it just sounds so much better this way... and if you have problems with the reverb setting in too quickly (as if you wanted more early reflection delay), just simply add a lot af attack on the AMP envelope... and even better: if you hate that the built in reverb does not have a long enough decay? ... just extend the release time on the program in layer B... voila! ... instant ambient reverb that can last as long as you want depending on the release settings of the AMP envelope ;) ... you can even play with the tone of the reverb tail by setting the decay time of the real reverb FX to different settings... even if they are low, the long release times of the B layer program will stretch it out anyway.... you have to be creative with what you've got ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 06:11:17 AM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2018, 06:08:10 AM »
The above program "Ambiano" has now been mixed with a new program called "Frankenwire"... a new program which tries to imitate the low strings of a piano... this is the closest i can get... but it's good enough for me... works well in conjunction with the piano like programs that works best in the upper registers.

I'm currently trying to throw in some sounds that seem to lack in the bank... i was a bit short on keyboard type sounds, so I just made those three (Ambiano, Frankenwire, and another called Baahlroque) ...

With a quick skimming of the types of sounds, I'm still a bit short on Arpeggios and Pads... so I'll be focusing on a few more of those for the last free available slots... I'm now down to 14 free slots, so I'm getting really close to the final bank now... I've worked on these programs for more than a half year now :)

When the last ones are done, I'll use a day or two to finetune all of them... and then they should be ready for release.

« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »
The above program "Ambiano" has now been mixed with a new program called "Frankenwire"... a new program which tries to imitate the low strings of a piano... this is the closest i can get... but it's good enough for me... works well in conjunction with the piano like programs that works best in the upper registers.

I'm currently trying to throw in some sounds that seem to lack in the bank... i was a bit short on keyboard type sounds, so I just made those three (Ambiano, Frankenwire, and another called Baahlroque) ...

With a quick skimming of the types of sounds, I'm still a bit short on Arpeggios and Pads... so I'll be focusing on a few more of those for the last free available slots... I'm now down to 14 free slots, so I'm getting really close to the final bank now... I've worked on these programs for more than a half year now :)

When the last ones are done, I'll use a day or two to finetune all of them... and then they should be ready for release.

Massive effort you put in this. Looking forward to the release. No stress :)

« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »
Excited to hear the final bank!

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2019, 06:22:36 AM »
Here's a new FX program.... Evil Slurpers  ;D

A really weird sound to be honest... 100% REV2 here, no external FX used.

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/EvilSlurpers.mp3

« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »

How much do these sounds rely on polyphony? Just wondering if some of the things you’ve done might be replicable on the Pro 2.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #218 on: January 01, 2019, 12:57:22 PM »

How much do these sounds rely on polyphony? Just wondering if some of the things you’ve done might be replicable on the Pro 2.

If you're refering to the sound in the quote, then it does have a great deal to do with polyphony... polyphony usually makes my SFX sounds more dense... but you can still do a lot even with just a single key pressed. But also the layering function is important... on my SFX sounds both layers are used heavily which is also a kind of polyphony when you think about it :)

and also do not underestimate the FX section of the REV2... it is responsible for at least 25% of the magic I'd say.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:59:03 PM by Razmo »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2019, 04:50:55 AM »
http://razmo.ziphoid.com/SFX.mp3

Here is a few of my Sound FX programs included in my Prophet REV2 soundbank for fantasy and ambient music styles.

It's all REV2, with a tiny bit of ValhallaDSP Übermod reverb on top. A few of them have been demo'ed earlier, but may have undergone a few changes since then.

Alien Cicadas
Bloodsuckers
Critters
Crystal Chimes
Dark Slasher
Faery Dust
Ice Shards
Sea Ghost
Sunstorm
Witch's Stew

... you can never have enough weird SFX for Ambient and Fantasy music :)

I put great care in my SFX programs that they are not just static sounds you can fire off from pressing a single key... if that was the case, you could as well use a static sample of an FX... I follow the same principples as with my other sounds; realtime control... so the SFX sounds come to life when you start to press chords, and move your playing up and down the keyrange... also modulation from modwheel and footpedal is an essential part of these sounds... thus they can be played in many different ways and made to fit the dynamic needs of the score... they are just as playable as any other instrument sound.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:55:51 AM by Razmo »