Sequence another drum machine with Tempest

Sequence another drum machine with Tempest
« on: August 13, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »
Hello all, sorry if this is obvious to some of you, but I have been experimenting a lot and can't seem to figure out how to do this, or if it's even possible.

I have a Yamaha RX7 with broken pads, I was hoping to slave it to the Tempest and have the Tempest send its beats to the RX7 via MIDI. When I hook them up, I can hit a pad on the Tempest and it triggers the corresponding note on the RX7, great! But when I actually play a sequenced beat on the Tempest, using the Play button, nothing happens on the RX7...

Now, I tried doing the sequencer mode using the one sound, playing all the RX7 sounds via the 16 Tunings mode, that works, but correct me if I'm wrong, this only allows you to sequence one beat per Tempest "Beat" and doesn't allow muting of individual sounds. Not the best option.

So yeah, can I directly mirror the Tempest to another drum machine, or am I stuck with the single sound "external sequencer" mode.

Cheers!

Re: Sequence another drum machine with Tempest
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:59:02 PM »
Sorry but only one sequencer channel at a time..There’s no memory left for more..

LoboLives

Re: Sequence another drum machine with Tempest
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:38:14 PM »
Something I’m going to explore in my videos is having the Tempest’s synth voice out control an arpeggiator pattern of a Drum Kit patch on my Prophet X. Might get into some nice poly rhythms. Not the same thing I know but still...